Lizard cages complete....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well almost. I still have to stain and top coat them. But I am tickled pink to get to this point. These have taken me way longer that I ever figured. Luckily my client is very patient :eusa_pray:eusa_pray
I finished the final elements this weekend. The tracks for the sliding glass door, filler strips and turn buttons that keep the other glass panels in place and allow them to be swapped out for screen panels, and mounted all the hardware.
Once the final stain colors are determined I will stain them and them spray a water based poly top coat.

Lizard_cages_complete_001.jpg

Lizard_cages_complete_002.jpg

Thanks for looking, comments and critiques always appreciated.
Dave:)

nelsone

New User
Ed
Hurray!!! I know you are glad to be done with those finally. They really turned out nicely!

T

toolferone

It is great to see them (almost) done. I know you are excited. She is gong to flip out when se sees them.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Wat to go Dave :icon_thum:icon_thum That is some nice work!! I await the final finish :eusa_danc

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Beautiful! Those are some lucky lizards. Come to think of it, my cats might like something like that. Can't wait to see what the finish will do.

Bas.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Good looking job on those cages Dave. Your client should be extremely pleased. Those cages and the jewelery boxes I did have one thing in common-------the time element!!!

Jerry

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Man, I know you can't wait to deliver them. It looks like they take up a lot of shop space.

Are you going to stain and finish inside and out? That's a lot of surface area to finish. :)

They look beautiful. :icon_thum

Chuck

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Man, I know you can't wait to deliver them. It looks like they take up a lot of shop space.

Are you going to stain and finish inside and out? That's a lot of surface area to finish. :)

They look beautiful. :icon_thum

Chuck

Thanks Chuck. Yes, unfortunately they will need to be finished inside and out (except the inside of the cabinet). The inside of the upper cage will need the most attention as it will be regularly washed and bleached.
I can't wait to get them out of my shop, I wish there was an EASY button for the finishing :roll::roll:8-O:eusa_pray:eusa_pray

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Dave,
The cabinets look great, I feel your pain on the finishing that's left. Let us know how the sprayer works after you've used it for this job.

Thanks and congratulations !

Jimmy:)

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Those are beautiful Dave, I love the style, can't wait to see them with stain and finish on them. Jim :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

J

jeff...

Very nice Dave - did you have to re make the bases? I see they changed somewhat since your first post.

Thanks

sediener

New User
Steve
Nice job Dave, will there be a party at your house when you deliver them? Where did you get the glass cut from? I need some for a few frames I am making.

- Steve

DaveO

New User
DaveO
The base cabs are the same as shown before, with the addition of the doors. I did have to vary from my original sketched plan when I realized that I wouldn't be able to do a decent bevel rip in ply wood on my right tilt TS. So I ended up going frame and panel instead of a mitered ply carcass. But no re-make :eusa_danc

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Where did you get the glass cut from? I need some for a few frames I am making.

- Steve

Steve, I got the glass cut at Raleigh Glass and Mirror off Lake Wheeler Rd. almost across from the lake. Two day turn around, and when I told them what it was being used for, they suggested the the corners of the sliding panels be rounded to help them slide easier. I would have never thought of asking about that. I have never had glass work done elsewhere, but they have always done me right, so I've never needed to look else where.
$85 for the 8 panels 1/8" thick.

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Well almost. I still have to stain and top coat them. But I am tickled pink to get to this point. These have taken me way longer that I ever figured. Luckily my client is very patient :eusa_pray:eusa_pray
I finished the final elements this weekend. The tracks for the sliding glass door, filler strips and turn buttons that keep the other glass panels in place and allow them to be swapped out for screen panels, and mounted all the hardware.
Once the final stain colors are determined I will stain them and them spray a water based poly top coat.

Thanks for looking, comments and critiques always appreciated.

Golly, those cabinets are only for Lizards?!! :eusa_danc

What kind of lizards warrant such a home?
I can't imagine it... For a zoo? :lol:

Very NICE work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS