Let me introduce myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deacon Shuster

New User
Doug Shuster
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the site and am finally posting. My name is Doug and I have taken an interest in wood working just this past year. I have a background in machine work but haven't practiced that trade in about 9 years. I'm trying to learn to work wood in a similiar way that I learned to work metal, starting with hand tools, their use, care and how to sharpen and set them correctly. I've done a lot of reading and trying techniques on my own but would really appreciate some hands on advice.

I ran into D L Ames and he turned me onto this site. I've really enjoyed skipping around and I hope to soon be navigating my way to being more of a craftsman. I haven't made anything but shavings and filings so far but I've enjoyed working this material.

That's it for now, thank you all for contributing to a great site,

Doug Shuster

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Welcome Doug!

there is a growing gang here in the Fayetteville area. Have fun in the dust pile!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Doug! Any friend of D L's is a friend of mine. I am glad that you joined us and offered your introduction. I look forward to seeing you around!!!

Dave:)

J

jeff...

Doug welcome, you'll be making saw dust and wood chips in no time. The folks around here are very knowledgeable and always willing to help.

M

McRabbet

Glad to have you join up with us, Doug. Newcomers are always welcome and if we can answer any questions, don't hesitate to ask -- you'll get a meaningful answer from a knowledgeable member every time because that's the way we are! Good luck as you progress further down our dusty slope of woodworking enjoyment.

Rob

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome Doug! We're glad DL snagged you. I know you will find lots of information and fellowship here. Please do not hesitate to ask questions, offer opinions and post pictures (good, bad or indifferent). Folks here are very willing to share knowledge and friendship.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Welcome to the site Doug. You will find it to be a valuable resource. I look forward to seeing some of your projects in the near future.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Warm welcome Doug! We look forward to sharing your progress. And I'm sure you have a lot of valuable info to share from your machine experience.

So enjoy the site and help us keep an eye on D L ;-)

Roger

BILLY PAGE

New User
Billy
Welcome Doug,
Glad you joined and posted. I am new too but try to read all the posts even if I don't repond. I'm sure you have already found that these folks are great. I have done machine work since 1972 (except for tours with uncle sam). Its nice to do and learn other things. Good luck.

T

toolferone

Welcome aboard! We are a little nutty sometimes but you will not find a better bunch of people. I also have some machining back round and I feel it really helps my woodworking.

Deacon Shuster

New User
Doug Shuster
Thanks everybody,

I appreciate the responses. You/we are a colorful bunch. I've already got some great tips and contacts on a posting. Thanks Roger, Dave and Ed. This site rocks! I'd keep better tabs on DL but I ran out of 550 cord:BangHead: :lol:

Good to know that there are some other folks out there that know what its like to watch a curly blue chip burn into your arm while your cutting steel.

Looking forward to getting to know you better,
Doug

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Hi Doug,

Welcome to the sawdust pile if you have met DL you connected with one of our top woodworkers. I am also from Cumberland County and work at Fort Bragg. Hope to meet you sometime. I work with the Fire department on Canopy Lane! Stop by and see me. Terry Rielly:new_smili

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
It's good that DL pointed you to our friendly group of sawdust makers. Hope we will be hearing from DL soon. Glad to have you here.

sawman

New User
Albert
Welcome Doug,
You will find alot of knowledge on this web site. I am some what new here myself. Go and surf the members gallery and you will see what I mean.

Later,
Albert, Al or whatever

MikeH

New User
Mike
Welcome Doug! There are many craftsman here so I'm sure you will get the help you are looking for and maybe some that you weren't looking for.
:eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS