latest project in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
got a little over a week in this one. it's a sewing cabinet made for 2 machines with automatic lifts. this one has been challenging. got the news yesterday that it has to be stained!:crossedlips: did I ever mention I HATE stain? well it's stained and some time after turkey dinner I will start to get the clear on it. then I can install the lifts drawer slides and hang the doors. the doors will be paired with piano hinges into 2 sets. they wil open and fold together and swing around to the side out of the way. did I say challenging? not too much but the thought process has been well.......:gar-Bi man I miss those brain cells!:rotflm: it is red oak [mostly q-sawn] here are the obligatory pics.

IMG_1611.JPG

IMG_1610.JPG

IMG_1609.JPG

IMG_16081.JPG

IMG_1607.JPG

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
It's already awesome Fred, can't you plead or use threats to not stain that nice Oak? ;-)

:nah: tried! gotta match some what to another piece in same room. luckily it isnt too dark. it is fruitwood stain from cabot. matched as close as I could. still going to be slightly different because the other piece is mostly plywood and 20 years old. the customer knows what she wants.:gar-Bi

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
that awesome Fred, you work fast and everything looks so nice. Me on the other hand work at the speed of a horny turtle in search of a mate. Hope your charging extra for that stain - wood stain :tongue2:

DavidF

New User
David
Looking good there Fred. Are those drop in panels that fill the holes when the machines are down, or do they hinge out of the way automatically as the machines lift up - in a "James Bond", "Our man Flint", sort of way??

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Looking good there Fred. Are those drop in panels that fill the holes when the machines are down, or do they hinge out of the way automatically as the machines lift up - in a "James Bond", "Our man Flint", sort of way??

drop ins. no room for them to drop down with the lift installed and she doesnt want them on top when she sews. the lifts have 3 positions. down up to flush and all the way up. there will also be fillers to be set in place when the machine is up flush. they will be plastic!:elvis: [per request]:rotflm:

DavidF

New User
David
drop ins. no room for them to drop down with the lift installed and she doesnt want them on top when she sews. the lifts have 3 positions. down up to flush and all the way up. there will also be fillers to be set in place when the machine is up flush. they will be plastic!:elvis: [per request]:rotflm:

Shame, I could just imagine that little "hiss" as the tops opened and the machines came up, probably to a great sound track, or that annoying little "beep,beep,beep, that seems to accompany all things in Scifi films these days.....:rotflm:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Shame, I could just imagine that little "hiss" as the tops opened and the machines came up, probably to a great sound track, or that annoying little "beep,beep,beep, that seems to accompany all things in Scifi films these days.....:rotflm:

:rotflm: akchhoolee it was originaly going to be air lifts. a little pump fills the bladder and a hiss as it is lowered but the customer was informed that those are no longer available. whew!:gar-La; the kind she got are pneumatic with one of those lifters you see on hatchbacks and truck covers. not nearly as nice as air but MUCH easier on me!:gar-Bi

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I'd guess it was a bit of a design challenge!

Lots-O-draws - Dual Lifts - Fold-up doors . . .

Great job !!!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Fine work there, Fred!!!:eusa_clap

Lady of the house has it made with fine workmanship and ingenuity of design like this!:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

You make it look way too easy!:elvis::elvis:

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing the finished product, for sure.

Wayne

(Just have to figure out how you get things this complex done so quick!!!!!)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Wow Fred!:icon_cheers

That sure is a wonderful piece and I am sure there is one lucky lady in the household who appreciate this fine work.

Now.........how in the world do you manage to finish such fine work so fast!!!???:elvis:

Hoping to see a pic of the finished piece.

Wayne

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Wow Fred!:icon_cheers

That sure is a wonderful piece and I am sure there is one lucky lady in the household who appreciate this fine work.

Now.........how in the world do you manage to finish such fine work so fast!!!???:elvis:

Hoping to see a pic of the finished piece.

Wayne

gettin lots of shop time helps!:gar-Bi I'll spray this weekend and if all goes well final assembly and delivery the end of next week.:icon_thum [gotta let the finish dry ya know] this is going to be HEAVY!:rotflm:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
gettin lots of shop time helps!:gar-Bi I'll spray this weekend and if all goes well final assembly and delivery the end of next week.:icon_thum [gotta let the finish dry ya know] this is going to be HEAVY!:rotflm:

Ah... so... that's why you want me to come over this weekend... I'll bring a strong back and lots of spit. :gar-La;

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Ah... so... that's why you want me to come over this weekend... I'll bring a strong back and lots of spit. :gar-La;

nah:nah: prolly wont get first coat till sat or so. the customer has help to load and unload.:roll:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I thought those inserts for the top were supposed to be plastic :tongue2:, good thing you kept em hu? that's a sweet looking cabinet, gotta hide this from the wifey. I'm a glutton for punishment I promised her a chest of drawers you know how much I like drawers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS