Is there any interest in a dinner in Winston Salem? Place and time in first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Mike Davis and myself have been talking tonight about getting a group together in a centrally located place in our area and the thought of Winston Salem came up. What we are proposing is that a group could get together the weekend of September 13. The thirteenth is on a Saturday, two Saturdays from tonight to be exact. Is there any interest? We would like to get together for dinner that weekend and want to see as many members come out as possible. I could help with transportation from the Salisbury area for people south of me or people in near Salisbury. Please post here with suggestions of a place to eat and if you would be interested. I propose Saturday night, but am open for suggestions.

Time is 5:15 at the Golden Corral in Winston Salem. 180 Hanes Mall Circle. Some of us may meet at Klingspor in Winston Salem at 4:00 and then go from there. Hope this is ok with everyone.

Last edited:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Re: Is there any interest in a dinner in Winston Salem?

Mike Davis and myself have been talking tonight about getting a group together in a centrally located place in our area and the thought of Winston Salem came up. What we are proposing is that a group could get together the weekend of September 13. The thirteenth is on a Saturday, two Saturdays from tonight to be exact. Is there any interest? We would like to get together for dinner that weekend and want to see as many members come out as possible. I could help with transportation from the Salisbury area for people south of me or people in Salisbury. Please post here with suggestions of a place to eat and if you would be interested. I propose Saturday night, but am open for suggestions.

SMS (Senior Moderator Sir) :wwink:

I'd love to attend, however, I'll be out of town that weekend and the next. Have a great time!

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member

I can attend. I will get back to you on places we could grub at...

NZAPP1

New User
Nick

As of now I am available and will attend

davejones

New User
Dave

I may have a friend in from out of town that weekend, but if I am free I would love to attend and meet some of you face to face. :icon_thum

TracyP

Tracy

I may have a friend in from out of town that weekend, but if I am free I would love to attend and meet some of you face to face. :icon_thum

Your friend would be welcome to join us.

wayne

New User
wayne

Just for the record for those of you that will be in the vicinity of Mocksville on your way back from the dinner if it makes.
The Tams will be performing in downtown Mocksville free of charge on the 13th This will be an open venue so hopefully it won't get rained out. There will be a rain date but will have to check for it.For those of you in the vicinity that have seen this advertised this was originally a pay event but the town powers to be changed this to a free performance at the last minute.
There will be wine and draft beer for sale by the glass if you indulge, just have a DD. Childress winery and I think Raylin will both be available, Childress for sure I think 8pm to 10pm
If your interested can confirm time and alcohol choices. There will also be food vendors (hotdogs & burgers) if anyone is interested that does'nt go to the Dinner get together.

Wayne

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

I hear there will be the usual on TV too if you would rather stay home and zone out in front of the tube. :rotflm:

Anybody know a nice quiet place to meet? If you would rather not have dinner maybe we can find a biker bar to crash. :no: :dontknow:

If we make it a little early the restaurants won't be crowded and all the old folks can get home before it gets too late.

TracyP

Tracy

There is a TK Tripps on Haynes mall boulevard really close to Klingspor:widea:. Tripps has good food and a large dining area.

Last edited:

TracyP

Tracy

Tracy, put me down for two

You had better be coming:rotflm:. Looks like we are getting some good response. And some folks that I have not met yet.

PChristy

New User
Phillip

You had better be coming:rotflm:. Looks like we are getting some good response. And some folks that I have not met yet.

:rotflm: You know I wouldn't miss it - Looking forward to meeting some of the other guys -

TracyP

Tracy

BUMP:wwink:

TracyP

Tracy

SMS (Senior Moderator Sir) :wwink:

I'd love to attend, however, I'll be out of town that weekend and the next. Have a great time!

We are gonna miss you Reggie!

jmauldin

New User
Jim

Count me in, although I am a bit confused. You said the 13th., two weeks from today. If I am not confused this is the 6th, and the 13th is one week, not two.
Let me know where. I really don't have a preference as to where, although near Klingspor sounds tempting.
Jim in Mayberry

Mike, can you bring the saw set? Thanks

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

Yeah but he posted on the 4th and he said two Saturdays today being the first Saturday and next Saturday being the second.

So, Yes it is Saturday the 13th one week from today.

I'll try my best to remember your saw gauge/filer.

Near Klingspor's sounds good, what time?

TracyP

Tracy

The time is up to everyone, I posted before today and should have "said" it better. The date is the thirteenth. There are other restaurants there, Outback, McDonalds:nah:, etc. I will ride up there tomorrow and scope out the area and post what is there. Unless someone closer can do that. I would say around 5:00 pm or 6:00 pm if that is ok with the attendees. Looking forward to the gathering. I think Klingspor closes at 5 on Saturday, so come early, visit Klingspor, then eat!

TracyP

Tracy

Still looking for eating suggestions. Google takes you to the entire Winston Salem area.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick

I will check the area tomorrow or Monday. I know there is an apple bees, chillies, Moe's, Lone Star, Texas land and Cattle, Fire-birds the normal fast food joints just to name a few

TracyP

Tracy

I will check the area tomorrow or Monday. I know there is an apple bees, chillies, Moe's, Lone Star, Texas land and Cattle, Fire-birds the normal fast food joints just to name a few

Thanks Nick, That will save me a 40 mile trip. Please post your findings. Never ate at Chili's even though I LOVE spicy food. Is Tripps gone? It used to be near Toys-R-Us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors