I got the shaft.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
.....from my son and made this Arrow Shaft Pen from a Easton 2213 Superlite hunting arrow. It is the first one I tried. I made three more from the same shaft but they don't have the arrow name on them.

Note: I forgot to say that I used an article on IAP by Don Ward as my guide. I modified his plan slightly.

The wood is Zebrawood.

DSC06357.JPG

Last edited:

skeeter

New User
Charles
Another great looking pen (and more thinking out of the box). Cool design! What type of wood did you use?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very cool :icon_thum:eusa_clap What a great gift for a bow hunter. It would be extra cool with some White Tailed Deer antler on the bottom :eusa_thin

Dave:)

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Charles, I used Zebrawood. I used Mahogany, Bloodwood and Canarywood with the other three. I think they look a little better than the Zebrawood with the camouflage.

This one is with Mahogany.

DSC06359.JPG

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Very cool :icon_thum:eusa_clap What a great gift for a bow hunter. It would be extra cool with some White Tailed Deer antler on the bottom :eusa_thin

I agree Dave. But my son is very selective on what he shoots and so far has not been willing to cut up a nice 8 point or larger rack to give me any. :no: And I don't do as much hunting as he does and haven't got one either.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I agree Dave. But my son is very selective on what he shoots and so far has not been willing to cut up a nice 8 point or larger rack to give me any. :no: And I don't do as much hunting as he does and haven't got one either.

I have a friend that collects shedded racks for me. You really don't want the biggest ones. The large racks have too great of a diameter and by the time they are turned down all you'll have is the marrow in the middle. I'll have to send some. I have a lot of antler, more than I will use.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Dolan, the inlay work has a nice late-60's, early 70's flair. Nicely done, without overdoing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS