Howdy from the new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Hey Bill! Happy you found us and you and your wife will join us at the picnic. I look forward to meeting you. Enjoy.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Welcome to NCWW Bill!!! We're glad to have you and look forward to meeting you at the picnic.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Bill: Welcome aboard!

You've already discovered one essential; ALL shops are too small!

My only advice at this time is watch out for those guys (&gals) who call themselves "DarkSiders!" Those people are afflicted with the infamous "round syndrome!"
:nah:

And, Oh yeah, watch out for that bunch that call themselves "sawyers", (Ivey, Randy, Kyle, Jeff, Jack) cause they'll very subtly take ALL your money! (If you have any left over from buying tools!)

:rotflm::rotflm:

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Seems odd for me to welcome someone who joined way before me, but I do odd stuff all the time. :gar-La;
Welcome!

The only benches I have ever seen that had wheels and were still good for neander work didn't have the wheels touching while in use. Hand planing for edge gluing is a nightmare on anything that isn't rock solid. I use a home made bench that is sort of shaving horse inspired for that. I can carry it around and my substantial ballast keeps it steady when I use it.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Bill -- we're always happy to have folks join in on the fun and information we share. But I must warn you that we will influence your wallet and your talent level -- one will get emptied from time to time by a strange affliction we call WGD [see the NC WW Lexicon under NC WW Info on the top menu bars] and the other will leap upward through the magic of communication! Enjoy, post pictures and ask questions. We'll see you at the picnic!

jsjordan

New User
Joel Jordan
Hello Bill and welcome! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap It is always nice to meet another Jordan! :icon_chee

I think you will find NCWW to be a great place with great people. Very supportive and knowledgable group here who have built a wonderful community. Did I mention we like pictures?? :wink_smil

I also live in Knightdale and am an NCSU alumni so if you ever want to get together to talk WW, Wolfpack or just whatnot, shoot me a PM. :icon_thum

cptully

New User
Chris
Bill,

Welcome to the group! I just moved back to NC from MD. I'm happy to say that I have a 20x20 space from my shop in my garage... Just have to get all of our boxes unpacked to free up that space...

Chris

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
I liked to say Welcome! I know you will enjoy this site as much as I have. To introduce myself (Matthew) a little, I like Home theater surround sound and therefore build Tower speakers and custom make the crossover's to make beautiful sound along with a beautiful wood speaker cabinet. I also like hiking, hunting, camping, and Snowboarding. Anyway Welcome and enjoy the site.

Matthew & Rachel
Custom Home Audio
M&R Audio

BobcatBob

New User
Bob
Hello Bill,
Like everyone else, I welcome you to NCWW, I am fairly new to the site myself and have found out there is plenty to learn here. Don't hesitate to ask questions because there are plenty of people that will be glad to help you out. I've noticed they have already told you that the wife's car "has to go". Well, good luck with that.

Bob

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Welcome Bill! You'll find lots of people to answer questions or just hang out with and talk shop (pun intentional). Looking forward to pics of your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS