Honduran Mahogany lumber run at Scott's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
Scott and I have an opportunity to buy a large load of Honduran mahogany, all 5/4, but want to gauge interest before committing time and money. It would sell for $5 or slightly less per board foot, but remember, it's 5/4, so that affects the square foot tally. It's typically in the $8-9 range. Very clean wood and from my limited experience, HM works beautifully. Post if interested, with an estimate of how much you could use. Thanks,

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
I may be interested. I will be needing some for the long-awaited China Cabinet project. I need to check with LOML and do some calculations to figure what I might need. Will get back to you.

C.

LloydP

New User
Lloyd
I might also be interested. Working on some G&G Adirondak chairs, and the mahogany would be the perfect choice for that. I should know how much I will need in a couple days.

Thanks!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would commit to $200 worth - however many bf (around 40?) that works out to be. Need some at least 7" wide.

And if there is a board that is 16" wide I would buy a single board (around 8') in addition to the above. That would be another 13+ bf but would expect to pay a premium for the extra width.

- Ken.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
drool.gif

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
wide boards should not be a problem in HM, we got material in at the millwork plant that had boards up to 36" in width--------hardly anything under 12" in the bundle. But that was 15+ years ago.

Jerry

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Well, I'd only need one board 16" wide and would need someone to plane it for me as my planer is only 12-1/2" wide. 8" wide is plenty for the rest of it. Or I guess I could really put all those hand planes to use in a pinch.

Cheers - Ken.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Well, I'd only need one board 16" wide and would need someone to plane it for me as my planer is only 12-1/2" wide. 8" wide is plenty for the rest of it. Or I guess I could really put all those hand planes to use in a pinch.

Cheers - Ken.

Ken, I can joint/plane up to 25" wide, so no problems on taking care of that.

Bash, we have two grades of zebrawood available - checked and unchecked. The checked is $3.00 per bd ft, the unchecked is $6.00.

jdulaney

New User
John
What's the dimensions on the zebrawood? Anything good for instrument necks.

I'll be in on some mahogany, for sure. Just not sure how much yet. I've always wanted to make an end table for me to stick next to the couch (rather than put drinks on the floor).

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
What's the dimensions on the zebrawood? Anything good for instrument necks.

I'll be in on some mahogany, for sure. Just not sure how much yet. I've always wanted to make an end table for me to stick next to the couch (rather than put drinks on the floor).

Most of the zebrawood is 4/4 or 5/4, random widths (and maybe some 6/4 but not much).

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
Unfortunately, there wasn't enough interest in this wood to make it economically feasible. Thanks to all those who posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS