Hi from Chris in Concord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawdud

New User
Chris Beasley
Wow! What a warm welcome! I feel right at home now.

I read the hand tool forum on another sight and a poster there mentioned this websight IIRC. Shouldn't take me to long to figure how to work things out so I can post photos. I'm like you, I LOVE PHOTOS:wsmile:.

Right now I need a new computer desk, so I worked out a design in Sketchup and hope to get to Charlotte Hardwoods soon for the materials. Should only need a Kreg jig to do some of the joinery, which I don't have yet. Thanks Bas for the subtle hint! New project=new tool!:wink_smil What would I like to build after that? You name it! Sometimes I get distracted by all the things I would love to build and the actual project stalls. Gettin' better though.

The journey has been interesting so far. I always thought of myself as a power tool guy until I found my first hand plane. Been buying old handplanes, saws, eggbeaters and chisels as my budget allows. Never miss an episode of The Woodwrght's Shop. I also read everything I can find on the net about "traditional" woodworking. I just can't get enough of this stuff! Luckily I am a patient guy. Knowledge will come, skills will improve, and practice is so much fun! None of my friends or family have this disease so it will be cool to talk to people who feel the same way I do.

A little info on me for my new friends. I am 39, married
to Connie for nearly ten years and have a six year old daughter named Sarah. Auto tech by trade for 50+ hours a week. Other passions are pool and :eek:ccasion1.Promise I'll post some pics soon! CB

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
Hiya Chris, and welcome. I've been interested in getting some eggbeaters, a brace, maybe a yankee screwdriver and such lately also. I think I'm watching too much Mr. Underhill :).

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome Chris!!!:eusa_danc I look forward to seeing your progress on the computer desk!

Post often (with pictures) and by all means enjoy!

Wayne

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Welcome Chris ,Don't worry,Bas will keep you straight.He's the official tool purchase monitor.Don't buy anything without getting the OK.He has been known to confiscate unapproved purchases.:gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS