Hello from Weddington!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsquared

New User
Brooks
Greetings Gentlemen! Just a short blurb to introduce myself.
My name is Brooks Bloxom and I live in Weddington, NC. I stumbled onto and joined the NC woodworker site in January of 2009 and have been lurking in the shadows until now. I have found the site to be a wealth of information generated by a cast of thousands.
I am by trade a software application developer for local governments; however I am currently unemployed and looking. I have a small 16 x 20 shop I built in 1998 as part of a garage addition I did to my house. My woodworking skills are very elementary compared to some of the fine projects I have seen posted on this site. However each day is a new and learning experience.
The second purpose of this post is to tell you of an auction this coming Monday in Statesville.
http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionview.cgi?lid=806105&kwd=&zip=28104&category=0
Sometimes the auctions turn out to be dogs and sometimes there are deals to be had!

Brooks

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Welcome Brooks glad you joined in. There are a lot of great folks here always willing to lend a hand or share some knowledge. There are quite a few here that make my skills look elementary and there are more than us that feel the same way. Join right in ask and post away.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hello Brooks,

Welcome. Glad you found us. Can you tell us a bit more about the kind of woodworking you like to do?

bsquared

New User
Brooks
I really have not focused on one particular type of woodworking. For the past couple of years I have been trying to learn new techniques of doing things. I have done some of my shop cabinets, several small decks, outdoor furniture and a bunch of bird houses. Enclosed is a photo of a Purple Martin House I did this past October.
NCWoodworkerPhoto.jpg

View image in gallery

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Brooks!!!:icon_thum

Glad to see you formally join us and look forward to your future posts.

Wayne

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
Howdy neighbor! Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear of your employment situation. Lots of folks in that status right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS