Hello from Iron Station, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluthart

New User
Brian
I am beginning woodworker and enjoy making Adirondack Furniture as a start. I have been practicing joinery and cabinetmaking lately. If anyone lives nearby I would love to pick up some techniques from experienced craftsman. I am also posting lumber for sale in the classified section. I look forward to hearing from you.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome to the site Brian, you will find lots of friendly help here. We would love to see pics of your work, and again, welcome to the friendliest ww site on the net.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
You might want to drop by and see Kyle Edwards, he is a fine woodworker and sells wood in your town.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome Brian! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I'm a beginner too. This is a great group and in my brief stay here I've learned so much and recieved so much support from the folks. Don't be affraid to jump right in and we LOVE pics. :icon_thum

Trent

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nice chair there, Brian!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Welcome and hope that we hear from you frequently! As already mentioned there is a ton of experience and great craftsmanship from all of the fine folks here at North Carolina Woodworker.

Don't forget to share some of your project photo's with us!:wav:

Take care and by all means, have fun!

Wayne

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Brian,

Welcome to the NCWW sawdust pile. Always good to have another woodworker join us. One thing you'll find here is that we love photos; photos of projects, shops, tools, piles of wood, shop pets, even photos of the woodworkers themselves.

Ray

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCWWer, Brian!
So now, we have two members from Iron Station :mrgreen:
Enjoy the site and share the joy of woodworking!

Roger

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
Welcome Brian, and have fun. Shoot, I've been making sawdust on and off for almost 30 years...and am still a beginner. At least I haven't bled on anything recently :rolf:

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Greeting Brian,

We have occasional get togethers at Kyles Place (just off 73 in Iron Station). Keep an eye out for the next meeting.

pete

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Welcome Brian. You have found the friendliest woodworking site on the web. Feel free to add, or join in on, any postings new ideas and questions are always welcome.

See you around,
Jimmy:)

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Welcome aboard:rotflm: Brian. You can't beat this group of folks.Glad you joined. I'm not far from you,up in Lucia.For those that are asking.Where the #$%^ is Lucia? Well you gotta go down yander to the old oak hang a left.Then go to the the old car seat and turn right and keep gitten up.You can't miss it.:gar-La;:gar-La;:gar-La;

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Brian, I am glad that you could join us. I look forward to your input in the forums and hopefully seeing some of your work.
Dave:)

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Welcome, Brian. You've found the best WW site on the entire web. I've made lots of friends here and gotten lots of good advice. Don't hesitate to ask or contribute. We welcome all.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome Brian!

Glad you joined us! We need details on that beaut of an adirondack you have in you photo gallery. What kind of wood did you use? Finish?

Mark in Concord

bluthart

New User
Brian
The one in the photo gallery was made from 3/4 Brazilian Cherry finished with McClosky's Man-O-War Spar Varnish. The chair in my profile is nice white oak with Cabot Helmsman stain - not quite as nice. Thanks to all for making me feel welcome. I can't wait to learn!

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome Brian! Glad you joined us. Don't hesitate to jump in with questions or suggestions. This is a very friendly and helpful group.
Take care,

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Brian -- glad you found us! Your work looks lots more than that of a beginner -- keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS