Hello from Fuquay Varina

Status
Not open for further replies.

who00knows

New User
Mike
Hey guys. New to the site and to woodworking. I am 24 years old and am working on building up a woodworking/restoration shop. I have a blank footprint right now(its full of a TON of junk right now). Its a 24x2 two story detached garage. I have really developed a huge interest in restoring antiques and making some furniture. I dont know where to begin. Please feel free to offer any advice and FREE lessons help are always a huge plus!

I look forward to learning from you guys.

OH YEAH!

PICS OF THE SHOP TO COME VERY SOON!

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Welcome to the site Mike - glad to have you on board - Looking forward to seeing your work and pics of your shop

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Mike to NCWW. If you are into wood working, any type of wood working and shop tools then you are in the right place. As far as were to start I would start small and work your way up.

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Howdy Mike and welcome to a great and lots of info site.This croud has enough info that you will never get it all read.Tony

M

McRabbet

Welcome to our sawdust pile, Mike -- happy that you found us and are eager to learn more about it all. We'll look forward to your questions and input. Pics, too!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Mike!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Sounds to me that since you already have the building/shop you are well on your way to setting it up and get rolling. Plenty of talented folks here to help out answering questions and offering practical advice.

Enjoy and by all means post often!:wsmile::wsmile:

Wayne

cptully

New User
Chris
I dont know where to begin. Please feel free to offer any advice and FREE lessons help are always a huge plus!

Mike,

First welcome to the site! Next, I strongly recommend joining the Finewoodworking.com web site (~$35/year). They have a great archive of past articles on the site. In particular there is at least one good article on equiping a new shop from scratch.

Chris Tully

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCWWer, Mike!
It's a great resource and I hope you enjoy your visits :icon_thum

Roger

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Welcome, Mike. In your location you're surrounded by the "Patriarchs" of this site and many other craftsmen and givers of sound advice. Enjoy.

:wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS