Hello from across the Mtn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imakmst

New User
Gerry Rhodes
Hello from Northeast TN. My wife is a Tarheel from Mitchell County and she has some kinfolk in Wilkes County. Me? My blood runs big orange. I heard about this site from guys over on Woodnet. And since I run into NC a lot I thought I'd scope things out here. I'm looking for a used bandsaw, too.

Thanks.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site. What part of east TN? I run over to Harrogate/Cumberland Gap area two or three times a year. Oh, by the way, GO GATORS.

George

Imakmst

New User
Gerry Rhodes
I'm in the very northeast tip in the tri-cities (kingsport, johnson city, bristol) Go Gators? You really know how to make a feller feel welcome! :roll: :lol:

gator

George
Corporate Member
Go Gators? You really know how to make a feller feel welcome! :roll: :lol:

Sorry 'bout that.:-D :-D

But for basketball I live in the middle of UNC, Duke and NCState; talk about harrasment. But for football its OK because, #1 - they don't know how to play football and #2 - they all hate FSU as much as Florida does so we have a mutual bond.

George

Imakmst

New User
Gerry Rhodes
Wonder if somebody can help with something. Up in my name block thing, I see the words, "Virginia - Southern County" Is there a way to change that? I've looked in the profile and can't seem to find a setting to change. Thanks.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Gerry. I am a UT Knoxville grad, so I know about the orange thing :roll: :roll: As far as your location in the post header is concerned, that will be resolved soon, we are undergoing changes to the registration process that will automatically enter that info based on your provided zip. But until them we have a lot of new members from S. Virginia whether they are or not.
Check the Buy and Sell Forum, bandsaws pass through there quite often, as more members contrat incurable WGD :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

Imakmst

New User
Gerry Rhodes
DaveO, you just became my favorite. I was born in Knoxville. :eusa_clap
(although some time ago)

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Gerry. We have one other need around here and that is pictures -- we love picture, so start a Photo Gallery (read the FAQs first) and share your shop and project pics with us.

As for colors -- as long as "Orange" doesn't involve those Clemson tiggers, we Carolina Gamecock lovers will tolerate you! :)

Rob

pslamp32

New User
Peter
Sorry 'bout that.:-D :-D

they all hate FSU as much as Florida does so we have a mutual bond.

George

Ahemmm......................................

34-33461-F.jpg

Honestly, I'm probably the only Seminole fan who actually went to U of Florida!

MikeH

New User
Mike
Welcome to the site. What part of east TN? I run over to Harrogate/Cumberland Gap area two or three times a year. Oh, by the way, GO GATORS.

George

Welcome to the site and I second the GO GATORS!!!! :eusa_danc

sapwood

New User
Roger
Another warm welcome Gerry! We look forward to your input . . . and yes, some photos :icon_thum

However, in an effort to remedy your sports affiliation misconceptions, just look up on any sunny day and observe the Carolina Blue skies :lol:

Why not?
Roger

Imakmst

New User
Gerry Rhodes
I was thinking there was a reason behind that blue sky, and it had to do with Rayleigh scattering. Does Carolina have a ball team? :-D

sapwood

New User
Roger
I was thinking there was a reason behind that blue sky, and it had to do with Rayleigh scattering. Does Carolina have a ball team? :-D

Yep, sometimes :lol:
Wow, thanks for the scientific explanation :icon_thum
blusky.gif

However, I atttribute it to team chemistry :mrgreen:

Roger

Imakmst

New User
Gerry Rhodes
Team Chemisty. I like that. :)
We'll be talking some more I bet. The Lady Vols play Carolina in the tournament don't they. Should be good ball. Even if it is basketball.

J

jeff...

Don't know if I want to touch this thread, looks pretty in depth and technical but Welcome to NCWoodWorker fellow saw dust maker.

I'll toss my scientific equation into the mix M=M

a Man is gonna do what a Man is gonna do.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Hey Jeff... but happens to the equation when you throw some W = woman in to it. Does the man really get to do what he is going to do, or does he have to do something else first :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS