Heavy lift for Santa Claus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Onc gain Ernie, you and your wife do superlative work! It truly looks museum quality! I feel I should say more, but words fail me. :notworthy:

thrt15nc

Tom
User
Ernie, once again, that is absolutely beautiful!!!!!! Brings tears to my eyes. That's going to be a WONDERFUL gift. Well done.

Tom Swortzel

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
I should have mentioned that most of the wood in this instrument came from Jay Sullivan (Sully) and his dad Gary. This makes it truly a North Carolina harpsichord.

Thanks to all for your kind remarks - I really appreciate them.

Ernie

mark2

Mark
Corporate Member
While this instrument looks absolutely wonderful in your shop, it is the type of thing rooms and or homes get built around - I can't imagine the hours and years it took to master the skills so apparent in your work.

Ben325e

New User
Ben
I was lucky enough to see it in person, and it's beautiful. It looked so nice I was even kind of nervous to walk near it! If any of you haven't checked out the music on Ernie's website of one of the ECU music professors giving a concert on one of his harpsichords you should really check it out. Beautiful.

Oh, and by the way, I actually dropped by his shop one day practically unannounced, and his shop really is that clean all the time.

Flute Maker

Mike
User
WOW Just WOW...A Playable work of art and heirloom too !!!! Superb Job !! You two are very talented and gifted and your Your daughter and granddaughter will love it Im sure..!!

WadeP

New User
Wade
Very beautiful all the way around. I always show my wife the pictures of everyone's crafts on this site. She then thinks I should be able to do that too!! Don't think there's enough years left in me to get that good!

You and your wife truly are talented! I know your grandchild and many others will love it for years to come. My wife did have a question... "What are the keys made of?"

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
My wife did have a question... "What are the keys made of?"

The natural keys are made of 1/8" thick walnut. The sharps are poplar painted dark brown and topped with a bone substitute (micarta). That's for your kind words.

Ernie

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
I used to think your shop looked like a museum. Now I think it is more like an art gallery. Your wife is lovely and makes lovely art. My what a blessing.
James

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
Two awesome skills combined into one project. That is some fantastic work Ernie. This will be a cherished possession for many years to come. Keep up the great work.

wood magnet

New User
kevin
I take my hat off to you and your wife Ernie,
that is a true work of art in my opinion.
You deserve a round of applause sir.....
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS