Heavy lift for Santa Claus

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Hi all,

I'm not getting any younger, and wood seems to be getting heavier - so I decided it was time, while I'm still able, to build a couple of instruments that will stay in the family. My eldest daughter, Kelly, has a six year old who is getting ready to take lessons so they're getting this for Christmas. I had planned to deliver it myself (they live in Syracuse, NY) but they decided they were coming down to NC for the holidays, so they won't actually get this bundle from Santa until April. I had my daughter go to my website and pick out the instrument she wanted and she picked the same instrument that I built for the Harpsichord Project. So we made this one a little fancier and included a lid painting by my wife. Hopefully the kids will enjoy it and they'll have something to remember grandma and grandpa by (hopefully in the distant future).

Thanks for looking and have a wonderful Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.

Ernie

IMG_3123.JPG

View image in gallery

IMG_3126.JPG

View image in gallery

IMG_3128.JPG

View image in gallery

IMG_31311.JPG

View image in gallery

IMG_3134.JPG

View image in gallery

IMG_31321.JPG

View image in gallery

IMG_3133_2_.jpg

View image in gallery

TAN_BACKGROUND.jpg

View image in gallery

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Ernie, you and your wife's work never ceases to amaze me. You are both truly artisans in the finest tradition.

Well done once again!
C.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
The woodworking is great and the lid painting is just perfect. Thanks for sharing with us

M

McRabbet

Ernie,

I am speechless! What a beautiful gift for your daughter and grandchildren. Your combined talents are incredible!!

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Some amazing work by both you and your wife.Even sent a link to my daughter who is a beginning painter.
Tony

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Wonderful work again there, Ernie!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Looks more like a museum piece.

I am sure that they will be in awe when they see them. Talk about an heirloom!!!!!!!!!!!:wsmile:

Wayne

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
An awesome display of superb craftsmanship and artistry. No doubt this instrument will be enjoyed within your family for generations to come.

Thank you for sharing.
Donn

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Wow the finished piece is incredible! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

My wife and I saw it when Ernie's wife was working on the sound board- it was looking great then! Ernie, she really outdid herself this time!!! You did a great job too! :wsmile:

Nelson

New User
Nelson
Beautiful piece of work!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Your grand daughter is blessed to have such a talented grandpa and grandma! My grandfather passed away almost 50 years ago, but every time I look at the walnut secretary and corner cupboard that I inherited, I think of him and the amount of work & TLC he put into each piece. I'm sure your grandchildren will do the same!

bwat

New User
Bill
Masterful, W O W! Awesome work and a great family heirloom:icon_thum. Good luck with the transport.

Glennbear

Glenn
Some of us build toy boxes for the younger generation and some of us build other things :gar-La; The kids should be justifiably proud of Grandma and Grandpa. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS