Hartville Tool website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Has anyone been on the Harville Tool website lately? I have tried for several days and keep getting a message "Internal Server Error". Is their site down or is it me?
Charlie

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Charlie.

Yesterday (early afternoon), I got a message saying they were upgrading their webpage and I couldn't gain access until about 4:00PM. I placed an order early in the evening.

I tried just now, and although it is slow, I got in ok.

http://www.hartvilletool.com/index.php

Wayne

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Thanks, it must be my computer. I just tried the site again and get the same message. I can go to hartvillehardware site with no problem.
Charlie

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Just tried ... got

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@abison.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Jeremy, That's what I get also. I called Hartville Tool and they said their site is OK. They have been taking orders all day long. It may be something with my firewall/security, but I'm lost.
Charlie

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I got there no problem. ya'll must have got so many new tools lately they are trying to slow you down.:rotflm: got to have inventory ya know!:gar-La;

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
if you are behind a proxy server at work it may not update pages very often. I forget how they work exactly.

Your browser might also have it cached. You can try ctrl + F5 to force a refresh, and in IE. goto tools, internet options, general tab and delete browsing history and delete temporary files. that might help.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with an IT guru (daughter-in-law) and she had me change several things. Nothing worked. I am stumped. Hartvilletool is the only site that I visit that will not open. Strange.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Well, nothing worked at my office (and I'm the network guy more/less ... no proxy and no cache issues)... BUT now at home (and a few hours later) it is working! I'll try again tomorrow.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Jeremy, I did upgrade to IE 8 a few days ago. That knocked out my AutoCad 2006 program, but all I had to do was reload it. The hartville site is the only one (so far) that I am having problems with. I had my daughter-in-law check and it works on her computer. This is my home computer, as I am retired. I went through my "favorite sites" list and checked everyone and they all work except hartville. Oh well, maybe something is trying to tell me I need to quit spending money!!

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
I can get to the Hartville site OK. When I do a search, it seems the site is slow at loading images.

tommyt654

New User
tommyt654
Servers probably crashed from that huge sale they have going on. Check out the info over on WoodNet about it some stuff they are selling at 10% above cost using the word WoodNet in your checkout.:gar-La;

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Well, just tried on both the Mac and the PC ... both work from home now. Guessing it's fixed?

Are they still honoring the 10% over cost? I placed a fairly good size order a few weeks ago on that deal ... still grinning!

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Yes they are...The big brown truck delivered me a Norton 22O Grit and a Norton 8000 Grit waterstone today along with some extra supplies for my worksharp. Got the wide blade attachment delivered last Friday! I need to quit ordering for a while, just buying a few wanta haves!:gar-Bi

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Jeremy, Please check the site from work tomorrow. I am still getting the internal server error message. I'm sure it's my computer, but I have no idea how to fix it.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Yes they are...The big brown truck delivered me a Norton 22O Grit and a Norton 8000 Grit waterstone today along with some extra supplies for my worksharp. Got the wide blade attachment delivered last Friday! I need to quit ordering for a while, just buying a few wanta haves!:gar-Bi

Just remember that a woodworker never buys a tool they DON'T need and if we didn't need em,they wouldn't make em ,Soooooooooooo therefore,just BUY BUY BUY :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS