GW lathe & Apex Lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I'm to give the lathe to David at noon on [STRIKE]Thursday, 3/22 [/STRIKE]Monday, 3/26 at the Chilis in Apex. So please come and join us to congratulate David and have lunch with us

Last edited:

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
I really wish I could make it but I am not able this time :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I would if I were going to be in the state. I will be enroute from Kansas to Louisville, Kentucky.:crybaby2:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well, I'll be there...I ain't got nothing better to do, just don't tell my boss :oops: :oops:

Dave:)

DavidF

New User
David
I'm to give the lathe to David at noon on Thursday, 3/22 at the Chilis in Apex. So please come and join us to congratulate David and have lunch with us

Well here I am in rainy Seattle, WA, just flown up form sunny Ontario, CA! I am currently booked to come back Wednesday 21st so the lunch should be fine. I just hope these broken machines don't give me too much grief. If there is any chance I'll miss my own party I'll let you know. I can't wait to get going with the lathe and actually Carol has mentioned she might like to give it a go!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Can't miss this one!!!! This will be the 1st honorary hand-off of that great GW lathe. What better opportunity to see some smiling faces.:lol:

I'll be there. With bells on!

There is isn't a better excuse to get away from the house than to partake in some of this great food and wonderful company like fellow NC Woodworkers!

Thanks for setting this one up Steve! Lookin' forward to my day out.

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I can't wait to get going with the lathe and actually Carol has mentioned she might like to give it a go!

Now that makes it a doubt bonus, does that mean that y'all get to use it only half the time..a half each :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can't think of a better way to get into turning than with a wife right by your side...it makes the slope all that much smoother on the backside :-D

DavidF

New User
David
Now that makes it a doubt bonus, does that mean that y'all get to use it only half the time..a half each :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can't think of a better way to get into turning than with a wife right by your side...it makes the slope all that much smoother on the backside :-D

This is the first time she has wanted to get into it and I hope she will take to it like the perverbial "Duck to water":lol:

adowden

Amy
Corporate Member
I think I'll be able to make it. I can't help with the lathe transfer since I just got my stitches out Thursday, but I will be more than happy to supervise. :rolf:

Amy

DavidF

New User
David
I am REALLY REALLY hoping to catch that flight on Wednesday morning back to RDU, but the machine here in Seattle may have other plans:crybaby2:

I will know by tomorrow evening if that is the case and I will let you all know ASAP. I hope it works out as Carol was coming to the hand over as well. Perhaps she could go anyway?:lol:

adowden

Amy
Corporate Member
I'm sorry, I won't be able to make it tomorrow. Kids are out of school. I'll try to make the next one. Good luck with the lathe, David.

Amy

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I would like to make it, but I am in the heart of Louisville, Kentucky and do not land untile 11:30 tomorrow night....:-(

DavidF

New User
David
Well the hand over of the GW lathe went to plan and a good lunch was had to boot! I now have to find a little spot for it in the shop and get going! No pics of the hand over - Oops....

dozer

Mike
David glad to hear you have the lathe now. Looking forward to seeing some new projects coming off of it. If I can be of any help just let me know.

DavidF

New User
David
David glad to hear you have the lathe now. Looking forward to seeing some new projects coming off of it. If I can be of any help just let me know.

Thanks Dozer; just have to make a space for it - Maybe I need a bigger shop?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors