Good Will Lathe Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
It's time again to move the Good Will Lathe to a new home. Nominations for recipients will be considered until August 1. A selection will then be made afterwards and recipient will be responsible for picking up the lathe from its current holder, mburke911 in Cary.

mburke911

New User
Mark
Hello,

Thank you so much for the use of the GWL! It has been great fun and I have made a bunch of great items, many gifts for friends and family. I even went and bought a lathe of my own!

I often drive between RTP and Charolette and am happy to meet along the way. So if you are in that area you won't have to drive all the way to RTP.

Thanks again!

Mark

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Hey folks,
I hate to self nominate, but I would love to give it a try. I've actually been "window shopping" for a lathe setup for a bit now, but have no idea what I "need". Thanks!

Glennbear

Glenn
Hello,

Thank you so much for the use of the GWL! It has been great fun and I have made a bunch of great items, many gifts for friends and family. I even went and bought a lathe of my own!

I often drive between RTP and Charolette and am happy to meet along the way. So if you are in that area you won't have to drive all the way to RTP.

Thanks again!

Mark

I think the really cool thing about the good will lathe tradition is that so many folks who have been users like yourself end up getting hooked on turning and buying their own lathe. :wsmile:

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Since Jeff has been nominated so many times, maybe he ought to finally win this one....( Meaning we take it to him and make his use it. At least once! ):elvis:

Whomever gets the lathe is indeed fortunate.
Fantastic opportunity to use a great tool and accessories!

Bryan S

Bryan
Since Jeff has been nominated so many times, maybe he ought to finally win this one....( Meaning we take it to him and make his use it. At least once! ):elvis:

Whomever gets the lathe is indeed fortunate.
Fantastic opportunity to use a great tool and accessories!

Jeff gets so many opportunities for this, but you never know, one of these times he might say yes. :rotflm:

Good luck Heath. Assuming you get it I hope you enjoy. :icon_thum

Bryan S

Bryan
I think the really cool thing about the good will lathe tradition is that so many folks who have been users like yourself end up getting hooked on turning and buying their own lathe. :wsmile:

You are so right Glenn. I have come very close to pulling the trigger more than once since I passed it on.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Jeff gets so many opportunities for this, but you never know, one of these times he might say yes. :rotflm:

Yeah, and as Wayne ( ebarr ) says " With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine " :icon_cheers

It's the "sufficient thrust" thing that is the problem with Mr Mills :slap: :rotflm:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
While the nomination for anyone to receive the GWL is legitimate, I'm disinclined to pass it on, albeit temporary, to any member who doesn't have a genuine interest in its use. All nominees will be considered, but a sincere attitude by the recipient will carry a lot of weight as to its next destination.
Remember, it's only a temporary possession, and we'll be asking to pass it along again soon.

Ben325e

New User
Ben
Dennis, that was a very long-winded way to say that you're going to send it to Jeff Mills this time instead of Heath. Please try to be a little more concise. :wink_smil

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Hey folks,
I hate to self nominate, but I would love to give it a try. I've actually been "window shopping" for a lathe setup for a bit now, but have no idea what I "need". Thanks!

+ yet another for Heath

Given your preferences, I see a restored Walker Turner or Delta in your future. :)

1937-delta-11-wood-lathe-1.jpg

1937 Delta

Vintage-Walker-Turner-Vaiable-Speed-Lathes-Brochure.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS