Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
I don't usually post gloats but in this case I will. Last night I put my Powermatic 14" bandsaw up in both the classified and craigslist. Had a response in less that an hour and sold it this morning to that person. Heres what I replaced it with. I can't believe what a joy it is to resaw on this saw. Bought it yesterday from woodcraft. It one of the last ones that came with a free 1" resaw king blade.

DSC09142.JPG

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Congratulations Brad. You'll love the blade too. My first one lasted for years and never required drift compensation.

bobby g

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Congrats Brad! :icon_thum

Looks like a definate keeper and should last you a long time.

Wayne

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
I hope it lasts for years Bobby, at $216 ea it better.

Brad,
It lasted 9 years and failed due to a stress crack. I sent it back to Laguna for analysis and they found several other cracks beginning to show. They attributed this to hard use (I did resaw a lot of very tough wood over the years) and not removing the tension when the saw was not in use. The rep also mentioned that my old blade was actually a Lenox blade and my new blade is "one of theirs". I hope the new one performs as well as the old one.

bobby g

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
Congrats on the new Laguna iron. I have had a LT18 since 2001 and it has been a real sawing beast. You will get many years of good use out of this puppy.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Brad, that definitely qualifies for a "you suck!"

That's a great combination, and those RK bands are superb (but costly)

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS