Geographic Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
I am with the group on this. I also think Rob makes a good point on special invited guest

MikeH

New User
Mike
I hope this isn't a dumb question but, where do we have access to the membership database? How can we quickly see who all the members are and where they are from?

MikeF

New User
Mike
The actually fact is that anyone from VA, TN and SC has been allowed to join. The problem is that we had no way of checking which counties in neighboring states are ones we should allow. Does someone want to try to compile a list of these counties?

Steve, I wrote an recruiting application that searches for open positions within a [x] mile radius of a zip code based on Longitude/Latitude from an 80,000 zip code table I have. I wrote this in vb.net, but could try to adapt to php if that is the direction you want to go.

Maybe we could start with the central zip code for NC and search within 100 miles in each direction (or whatever criteria is determined)

Mike

M

McRabbet

I hope this isn't a dumb question but, where do we have access to the membership database? How can we quickly see who all the members are and where they are from?

I'm not sure if there is any easy way.If there is it is probably in vBulletin.

I've used the Advanced Search under Member's List/Member Search to search for users by County (pull down from the NC County List) and one can get only members from that County. If you go through that search process, you can also pull members from out of state and you'll find 4 from E TN, 10 from S. VA, 13 from Northern SC and 25 from Non NC Resident.

Access to the full User list is available in ModCP (with rather limited capability) and AdminCP (full capability). I'm certain that only staff members with Admin (or higher) priviledges can suspend memberships. It also helps to get e-mail notification when new memebrs register -- that is the best immediate source of information.

Rob

MikeH

New User
Mike
Rob,
How can I set it up so I can be notified when a new member registers? Also, I don't see the full user list in modcp. Where is it?

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Mike, the Webmaster gets an e-mail notification when a new member registers. Several of us "staff" also get the webmaster's e-mail to assist with the replying to the important things. I am sure that if you want to get 20+ more e-mails a day :roll: then Monty could put you on the list also. I can also set it up so you can get notification every time a post is made in your assigned forums...if you really, really like e-mail :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave:)

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
yeah, I had that one deactivated when it was running for whatever reason when we switched to the new software, and I converted from admin (crazy workload when already working 70 hours/week and having to relearn stuff I hadn't used in 8-10 years) to mod. I am totally OKay with having other people handle that :)

M

McRabbet

Rob,
How can I set it up so I can be notified when a new member registers? Also, I don't see the full user list in modcp. Where is it?
ModCP doesn't have any way to show you the full user list -- you can search for users by name or partial name -- e.g., if you enter just the letter "a" (without the quotes) in the user search field, you will get all of the users that have the letter "a" anywhere in their name (about half of the site members). As I said, AdminCP has much more capability, but it is limited to many fewer people because it has many other (very potent) functions needed to administer the site.

Dave Onan's suggestion to get on the e-mail list will
give you notification of new registrations, but as he said, you'll get lots of e-mail! There are about 150 new member registrations in the past 2-1/2 months.

Rob

MikeH

New User
Mike
Dave,
I would like to get notified when someone posts in my assigned forums. That would be great. As far as other emails go I'll pass on the admin emails for now.

Thanks,

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
If you want a list of zip codes by county and we need to compile a list, I'd be willing to work on it (why do you think I'll regret saying that?).
!
I've got that. I can find city, county, State from the zip code anywhere in the US.

Fargo ND

cskipper

Cathy
Try here:

ZIP Codes by County

I added a table by County and State of zip codes (alpha by County, then City) for the counties my feeble eyes identified as "surrounding" NC to the Downloads library. It's in Excel and if there is a problem with opening it, let me know

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dave,
I would like to get notified when someone posts in my assigned forums. That would be great. As far as other emails go I'll pass on the admin emails for now.

Thanks,

You wish is my command....you've got mail :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors