Fresh from the Lab

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
I have been messing around in the shop and this is the first of a couple different mixes of wood. The yellow glue has stained some of the maple so I will try white glue next time and a finer blade in the saw :BangHead:

Attachments

• DSC00514.jpg
    DSC00514.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC00515.jpg
    DSC00515.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC00516.jpg
    DSC00516.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 155

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Not for bowls but pens :rolf: :lol: :lol: I turned this one today also

Attachments

• DSC00512.jpg
    DSC00512.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC00513.jpg
    DSC00513.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 169

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Awesome Nick...you're gonna have to go back to work soon, you're making me look like a slacker. I really like the lam. pen, very sharp. I would really like to give that a try soon, I need to get some nice white Maple veneer, all I have is BEM veneer and I don't think the color contrast would be as good.

Dave:)

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Dave I have a few sheets of none backed plane Jane maple and some PH if you would like just send me a PM :icon_thum

sapwood

New User
Roger
Yeah Nick, the yellow glue you split on those pens made quite a mess. But wait, don't toss them. :eusa_shhh They could still function as pens and I can use them in the shop ;-)

Awesome Professor Nick!

Roger

JRD

New User
Jim
Nick:

How bout telling us, How long did it take to cut and glue up the laminations for the pens?

Also, on the second pen photo's, What type wood?

Jim

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Jim
I did the laminations in 2 days I made the first cut in the morning then a lot of glue and clamps waited about 4 hours then did the next one. Came back the next day and did the same and turned it on day 3. The other pen from what was written on the blank is cherry burl

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Ditto on type of wood for last pen. The grain on the bottom part looks cross-hatched. Very pretty!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

OOPs, must have been posting while you were, Nick. Really is unique looking.

J

jeff...

I must have missed this post - that's on cool looking pen, trying to figure out how did he do that :eusa_doh:. Should I bring my lab coat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors