First set from wood haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
The stain in this maple is hard to beleave. It's going to be a long wait for it to dry. The largest bowl is around 17" IN DIA. The wood is solid as well.
Thanks,
Jack
100_1499.jpg
100_1500.jpg
100_1501.jpg

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Not hard for me to believe. I see wood like that quite often but I pass on it because it usually has bugs and there is never enough there to make much lumber, let alone enough to kiln dry. For a long time, I've been wanting to saw up and seal a pickup truck load of turning blocks for you darksiders. But I havn't got around to it, maybe one of these days

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
I am sure they look beautiful, but for some reason I can never see your pictures here at work. I tried looking in your gallery, but no recents.

Will check them out when I get home,

Matthew

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Three distinct wood colors in one bowl! I have not seen anything like that. :icon_thum

Dragon

New User
David
Not much words can do to express the awe in those pieces. Now, where did you get that wood? Is this some cultured-spalted maple or was it natural? I've got lots of maple around here, some spalted to the degree it ain't worth firewood and some just outstanding but I ain't got any like that. That's shore sum purty wood there.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Not hard for me to believe. I see wood like that quite often but I pass on it because it usually has bugs and there is never enough there to make much lumber, let alone enough to kiln dry. For a long time, I've been wanting to saw up and seal a pickup truck load of turning blocks for you darksiders. But I havn't got around to it, maybe one of these days

Well I am sure with the wood that you produce, you sure would make some nice looking turning blocks for us Darksiders. :gar-Bi

Don't wait too long. :eusa_naug

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Thanks all. This was from a stump I got first of the week. It was in an old mans yard and he had already had it cut down to 4 ' from the ground. It had three large forks that I was able to get. They where around 24" in dia each. The tree only had around 24" from the ground to the forks. This section was 46" by 36" and it took alot of work with a 20" bar on my saw to get it sliced up to roll into my truck. There was some gravel and a few nails in the forks that I think must have added to the color of the wood. With this color and the ambrosia stains it some of the nicest maple I've ever turned. It is very solid as well. I just hope that it does well drying.
Thanks again,
Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS