Finished shop pics-Finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rherrell

New User
Rick Herrell
Well it's been alot of work but I've enjoyed every minute of it. In fact it's kind of a let down now that I'm finished. There are still some minor things to do but it's done for the most part.
Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions when I started this little project. I can honestly say that I considered them all and implemented the majority of them. I'm especially happy with the JET lathe that everybody liked. I can't wait till this summer when I'll be taking a week long course at the John C. Campbell Folk School. I'VE GOT THE FEVER!!!
Thanks again and Merry Christmas,
Rick

Attachments

• IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0194.jpg
    IMG_0194.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0195.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0196.jpg
    IMG_0196.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0198.jpg
    IMG_0198.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0199.jpg
    IMG_0199.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0213.jpg
    IMG_0213.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0214.jpg
    IMG_0214.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 137

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
:eusa_clap 8-O :eusa_clap 8-O :eusa_clap 8-O :eusa_clap

My goodness!!! What a layout!!! Congratulations.
And of course Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Tom

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
too bad you don't have any space in that shop:rolf:

didn't notice any space for sheet goods storage?

Grgramps

New User
Roy Hatch
Rick, That's truly impressive which causes me to question if you are working professionally or as a hobbiest? Also - it appears it may be free standing so I'm curious, what are the dimensions of the shop? Whatever, many of us are envious.
Roy

cskipper

Cathy
WOW! That's really a great looking shop. Please don't let LOML see it - we already know we need to add some width to ours!

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
Too late Cathy:lol: I'm full of envy and making plans. Great looking shop and looks like you spent a lot time planning the layout.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Wow - THAT's a SHOP!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Very nice layout. I'm also curious about the dimensions. Is the plastic used as a seal for your finishing room?

Chuck

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
Hey that looks really good, reminds me of finishing my shop. I was tickled so much to get that project done and actually get down to using it. My problem was rearranging after I got it all set up and started the first job and not liking where I put stuff. Now things are where I like them for the most part. I had about as much fun getting used to the shop as building. I just enjoyed having my spot to spend time and do my thing. Have fun!!!!:eusa_clap

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
SWEEETTT!

I like the fact you were able to put the cyclone in a seperate room. Wish I could do that.

What is the plastic up for?

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
WOW
You even have room to turn around inside the shop :rolf: :rolf:
Nice work shop :icon_thum :icon_thum

rherrell

New User
Rick Herrell
Thanks for all the nice comments and no, I am not a professional WW. I have been,however, a professional custom sheet metal fabricator for 35 yrs. so I guess you could say I have a leg up on knowing what a shop should be like.
The bldg. is a 24'X28' metal 2 car garage with 2-7'X9' roll up doors. The plastic is to keep the cold air out. That's the drawback of roll up doors. Hopefully I can come up with a more elegant fix 'cause I don't like the plastic.
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and as soon as I make something worth photographing I'll send some pics. Right now it's back to the lathe and practice,practice,practice.
Rick

sapwood

New User
Roger
:tongue1: Stunning Rick!

A lot of work went into the planning and building of your shop. And now, it's time for you to enjoy it. :icon_thum

Thanks for sharing the pixs, they will be in my dreams tonite :lol:
Roger

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Roll up doors. That is a heat eater for sure. Been there, done that, and didn't get a t shirt. Only suggestion I have is to get insulated doors.

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
I don't know about the doors that are in the picures, couldn't see them that well, but I have one that is insulated and has a seal around the edges that keeps the wind out and the heat in pretty good. My shop is real easy to heat, and I don't have to run the heat much even in the coldest of weather. Maybe that is the kind you were referring to, but there are some that don't seal at all, and are heat eaters for sure. :-?

I put mine up myself too, so I know it seals right all the way around and works right, not that I don't trust garage door installers, but there are some that just throw things up and get on to the next job. :-x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS