Euro Beech and Cherry Headboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
A headboard for our guest bedroom.
This project has been on my honey-do list for a few years now.
Finally got a round tuit.

I told Mike (Shamrock) that I had finally finished it and was politely reminded of the "no picture - it didn't happen rule"!

So here it is:
Beech_Headboard.jpg

pete

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice work there, Pete!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Really like the "clearness" and straight grain of the stock. The color is super.

For the diagonal pieces, are they tongue and grooved with a reveal? The spacing looks to be spot on. It would have taken me a month with a calculator to get that kind of result.:embaresse

Well Done!

The new bed will definitely be a conversation when guests arrive!

Wayne

bwat

New User
Bill
VERY nice! :icon_thum I love it and would also like to hear the details requested above. You did an outstanding job on the finish and blending the beech & cherry. Also, the photo is great - how did you haze the background to feature the headboard?

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Thanks for the comments and questions.

Scott: no footboard. She's lucky she got the headboard! :slap: just kiddin'

Wayne: Sizing was easy. I made the frame first. For the slats I cut 3" strips of cherry, beveled and grooved both sides. Glued up the strips (with splines) oversized and cut the assembly to size. Then I used a dado baled on the TS to cut the edges down to fit in the groove in the frame. This leaves a square edge so I got out the router and beveled the outside edges.

Bill: Finish: First I stained the beech with Colonial Maple to go with some existing furniture in the room. For the slats I sealed first with shellac then used Georgian Cherry (dark) on the bevels and Candlelight Gel Stain on the flats. The top coat is just wipe on poly.

bwat: I did the photo in Photoshop (what else is there? ;-)) Just make a mask of the main subject and then fade out the bgnd by modifying via "curves" panel and then blur it a bit.

pete

Shamrock

New User
Michael
wow pete-that turned out really nice-great jon on the color. I like the gargoyle your working on too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS