dueling highchairs project finished (with pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
I finally finished my dueling highchairs project just in time for my granddaughter to start using.
I have some folks from this forum to say thank you for the help they gave me.
Junquecol (Bruce of Apex) gave me the plans from an old woodsmith:eusa_clap
Bluthart (Brian of Iron Station) as my amiable wood supplier:eek:ccasion1
Froglips (Jim from Hillsborough) for helping me save my table saw with his sage advice on the trunion bolts.:notworthy:
God and prayer for getting me through all the 7 degree cuts without going postal on someone. Man that was a pain.:BangHead:

Project is made with White Oak and finished with minwax golden oak and topped with Urethane.

highchair_004.jpg

highchair_003.jpg

I was also given good advice to save the template for making the table top which I did. If anyong is interested in doing this project, I will make the template available. Just call me.

rbdoby

New User
Rick
Very nice! I've made a couple of highchairs and you're right, those 7° cuts will drive you crazy.

Rick Doby

bwat

New User
Bill
Looks great! :icon_thum This must have been a satisfying project knowing the end placement. Still waiting on the day I'm informed on the arrival of a rug rat but then I may take you up on the plan offer.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Nice job on the high chairs Mark! A bunch of 7 degree cuts? :swoon: Looks like you did them well! :icon_thum

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great job, Mark!!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Look like they are strong enough to span a couple of generations.

They will be easy to keep clean too! (Our four daughters used a high chair primarily made from turned spindles and man was that a trip to try and keep looking crisp and clean!:BangHead: That porridge sticks like Titebond glue!!!:swoon:)

Great work!

Wayne

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
Thank you all for the kind words. In all honesty, if it were not for this site, I may have given up on woodworking some time ago but you all have either inspired me or made me believe better of me than i did of myself. I'm glad to be back in the fold and sharing this stuff with you all.

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
Joe,
I really did not have a "set up" for these cuts. I took a large piece of cardboard and created a 7 degree right triangle. I then used the cardboard triangle to set my cross cut fence and started wacking away at boards. A few had to be reangled after an initial cut to make it fit. Fun stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors