do you use any Instant Message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
While vB provides an interface to several IM services, I would like to find out if there are any that are more prevalent than others. This info might lead to some new services on this site.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I use AIM for almost everything. But most services are now allowing you to cross communicate with other services. (I.E. I actually use gmails IM service w/ my AIM log in info.)

Glennbear

Glenn
I have used Yahoo IM for many years. I understand they now have interoperability with other services but I have not tried that function yet. They recently started allowing IM access from a user's Yahoo mail page but I think that is still in the testing stage. :wsmile:

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Yes and no. At work yes, but personal no. MSN messaging.

Personally, I don't think it would add value to NCWW. Just a distraction. I could probably think of better site improvements (like easier way to insert photos).

When I am using it, I just use a universal client called Pidgin. http://www.pidgin.im/

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
+1 for pidgin

Which I use primarily for Yahoo Messenger, followed by Google and dash of AOL.

Jim

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I use gmail IM. I don't like MSN or Yahoo because you have to download the software (or at least you used to). As far as NCWWer goes, I'm with Jeremy. I don't think it would add a lot of value to the site. I think it would be more of a distraction. A lot of the time, I barely have time to read the posts without getting interupted by phone calls, etc. Maybe if you could turn it on or off, it might work. :icon_thum

Trent

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Yes and no. At work yes, but personal no. MSN messaging.

Personally, I don't think it would add value to NCWW. Just a distraction. I could probably think of better site improvements (like easier way to insert photos).

When I am using it, I just use a universal client called Pidgin. http://www.pidgin.im/
Relax:rotflm:I promise I know which major enhancements are first priority.:gar-La;

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, AOL you name it I have probably used it. I have used all the different clients.. Currently my main one is MSN due to work and working with Consultants. :)

kirkpj01

New User
Kip
I use Pidgin as well... For work I have multiple customers so I have an account with who they are confortable.... MSN, AOL, Yahoo and GTalk....

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Google Talk and Lotus Sametime.

Last edited:

jlwest

Jeff
Corporate Member
Personally I do not like IM. We have enough in our world already with cell phones, computers, ect. Instand gratification is not necessarily good. We have enough so we don't need it here. Just my opinion.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS