do you use any Instant Message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

Guess I must be in the Dark Ages -- the only Instant Messaging I use is to holler back up the stairs when LOML hollers down at me...:laugh:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Personally I do not like IM. We have enough in our world already with cell phones, computers, ect. Instand gratification is not necessarily good. We have enough so we don't need it here. Just my opinion.

Jeff

Guess I must be in the Dark Ages -- the only Instant Messaging I use is to holler back up the stairs when LOML hollers down at me...:laugh:

+1 & +1 Don't use it, don't like it, can't type fast enough for it to be instant. Just spent several evenings trying to remove yahoo messenger from my computer as it was slowing it down on re-start (my wife put it on and never used it) Heck I don't even like the FlashChat. And don't get me started on Text messaging...don't understand that at all.

MTCW,
Dave:)

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jim, this isn't any service, certainly nothing I can show. I'm just thinking a bit
Careful there, Steve. Every time I ever got into trouble it was because I thought..................or didn't.:gar-La;
Personally I use AIM, or phone texting, but I'm with Jeremy. I think the present method of messaging with members is fine. I'm afraid with IM I wouldn't take the time to compose a message as well.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Thanks for all your responses. the wide range of IM clients and how many people don't even use it, makes it quite obvious to me that IM is not :nah:the way to go for some of the things I had in mind.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I don't even type fast enough for the forum software! :rotflm:

Now if you could come up with something I could just think into, I'd burn that bad baby up! :kamahlitu

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Is there any chance of adding a mobile plugin for the site?

I really would like to see that feature added. As I understand it is a reasonably priced add on. It may help the working folks when access is necessary. Like when there is a deal that is too good to be passed up. I think that the mobile version would be a nice added feature for the staff as well. I would be happy to take the task on if there was enough interest.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I really would like to see that feature added. As I understand it is a reasonably priced add on. It may help the working folks when access is necessary. Like when there is a deal that is too good to be passed up. I think that the mobile version would be a nice added feature for the staff as well. I would be happy to take the task on if there was enough interest.
Tracy, what mobile plugin are you talking about?

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
As I read the vb site, there are several available, also some mods that can do the same. I can do some research if you would like, and see what the benefits are, also the weaknesses of each one.

Dragon

New User
David
Don't use any of the IM's. Used to but it got to be a headache with all the scams and jump-ins wanting to Bs with me about stuff I had no interest in. I got a cell phone and email. If you can't get hold of me that way and you don't know where I live, we don't have anything we need to converse about. Not trying to sound antagonistic but there's just a little too much non/im-personal bent to today's society for my liking. People don't even know who their neighbors are for the most part anymore.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Tracy, you are talking about optimization for BB users? I am sure you have checked out the Crackberry forums, they are run using VB. I bet Kevin (Crackberry.com owner) could give a lot of input on issues he had, and decisions he made with his set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS