DeWalt Repair Center - Follow up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
A follow up from my post of 8/22/06:

I sent in my DW621 router to the DeWALT Repair Center in Raleigh for a rebuild. I had fried it by using a raised panel bit in it. When I called the repair center they gave me a guaranteed repair price of $138 which was over $100 cheaper that an authorized repair center in Wilmington. I was told it would take about 1 1/2 weeks to get it repaired. :eusa_danc

I received 10/13/06 after 7 1/2 weeks of waiting and three phone calls to check on the status. Raleigh was back logged so they sent it to Tampa and they had to order parts that were backordered. :BangHead:

The total repair cost was $282.47 but it only cost me $138 plus shipping and tax. I plugged it in and it purrs like a kitten again.:eusa_danc

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Thanks for sharing your experience. I know I could wait a few week longer to save $150 :icon_thum

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
I have dropped stuff off in Raleigh in the past because everyone in Wilmington has to ship it out anyway and they will charge you. Since I go to Raleigh on business occasionally, it usually works out.

The guys in the Capital Blvd Repair Center have taken good care of me so far always following through on their promises.

Just my 2 cents. Glad they took care of you too.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Dolan,

Thanks for the post about your experience. That is EXACTLY the kind of information we need to hear about. I have a number of DW tools... one of which is due to make a visit there.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors