DavidF's Farewell Dinner

Care to join us for the festivities?

• Save me a seat, I'll be there!

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • I'm on the fence, but sure hope to attend.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
We are sad at the imminent departure of long-time North Carolina Woodworker member DavidF. He and his wife are returning to the UK sometime around May 1, 2010. David will retain his membership here, but we will not get to enjoy his company in person. :wsad:

However, on the evening of Thursday April 1, 2010, we are having farewell get-together at the Carolina Brewery in Pittsboro. Everyone is welcome to attend. Please respond in this thread if you plan on attending so we can have some idea of the number of people.

Reservation is at 6pm under the name "NCWoodworker" and/or "James Campbell".

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Dang! I wish I could make it but that's Good Friday so I'll have other responsibilities. Sorry I have to miss it David! I've really enjoyed getting to know you and would have enjoyed meeting in person before you left.

Travis

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Kinda in the same boat; Good Friday won't work for me. But I have gottena few opportunities to meet in person and will be sorry to miss that.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
BTW: It is the Carolina Brewery. And since that friday is Good Friday, How about we hold this on So-so Thursday (April 1) which is also April Fool's day?

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
BTW: It is the Carolina Brewery. And since that friday is Good Friday, How about we hold this on So-so Thursday (April 1) which is also April Fool's day?

That might work; long as you aren't just using the date to play a joke on me and Trav...
"Gee, I wonder where everyone else is." :rotflm:

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis

Heh, it's acutally Maundy Thursday, I'll be playing for that service too.... Thanks for trying though!

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Can't wait! We've added a Poll for attendance so I can make the necessary reservations.

Here is the website for the Brewery in case you need to pick your beers ahead of time!

http://www.carolinabrewery.com/index.html

The location is easy to find, next to the Lowes at the intersection of Hwy 64 and 15-501, just north of downtown Pittsboro.

Jim

DavidF

New User
David
Hey!!! Can I come????

Thank you SOOOO MUCHHH for organizing this. I am honoured to think that you would do this for me.

Do you have a time in mind?

I may even have a few things in the back of the car for an impromptu "car boot sale" as we would say. If I have anything left in the shop that needs to go.

Thanks again and look forward to seeing you all there.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Dang, I am in Germany. Let me know when you get over to the big UK and we will see if we can meet up. Stay blessed friend.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hmm, you mean the retreat of the Brits :gar-Bi
Wouldn't miss it :no6xn:

Paging Bernhard :eek:ccasion1

Roger

DavidF

New User
David
Hmm, you mean the retreat of the Brits :gar-Bi
Wouldn't miss it :no6xn:

Paging Bernhard :eek:ccasion1

Roger

Hey!!! you remember when I first joined NCWW, it was titled "The British are coming"? well, now it's "The British are leaving!" celebrations all round and a public holiday????

Michael - I'll be sure and post when I am back in "blighty" and will be very pleased to hook up with any members that find themselves nearby.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Count me in and possibly my wife. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

I don't think I've met David in person, but it sure would be an honour (<--that's for you David) :wink_smil to do so. Of all of the woodworkers on this site that I consider to be the "best of the best," in my opinion, DavidF is at the top of that list. Lookin' forward to it. :eek:ccasion1

T

toolferone

I am sorry, but another post abount not being there. I will be suffering in Florida!

In honor of David I feel this photo should be enlarged, printed, mounted, framed and placed in a seat where I would be sitting.

santa_kilt.JPG

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

David, I know we will see you on the forum, it, but you will still be missed my friend.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hey!!! you remember when I first joined North Carolina Woodworker, it was titled "The British are coming"? well, now it's "The British are leaving!" celebrations all round and a public holiday????

Oh, I remember :widea:

Here is chris99z71's photochopped reenactment from ye olde days. David is the redcoat hiding in the rear :rotflm:

mayflower.jpg

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS