DavidF's Farewell Dinner

Care to join us for the festivities?

• Save me a seat, I'll be there!

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • I'm on the fence, but sure hope to attend.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeL

New User
Michael
David, I am sorry that I will not be able to attend the gathering tomorrow, but I have class. I remember meeting you at my first NCWW event, a Chili's luncheon in Apex, a few years back. I appreciate your envolvement with the site; especially sharing your great works of art. All the best to you and your family.

Mike

M

McRabbet

Nancy and I will be there all the way from the mountains to share in the festivities tomorrow evening. We are looking forward to seeing you both, but we are sad to see you return to the British Isles. Maybe we can make a date to share a pint in your favorite pub on our next (as yet unplanned) trip to England!

DavidF

New User
David
David, I am sorry that I will not be able to attend the gathering tomorrow, but I have class. I remember meeting you at my first North Carolina Woodworker event, a Chili's luncheon in Apex, a few years back. I appreciate your envolvement with the site; especially sharing your great works of art. All the best to you and your family.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I have met a great number of really nice people through this club and I will miss the personal interaction very much. Thanks for your best wishes.

Cheers

DavidF

New User
David
Nancy and I will be there all the way from the mountains to share in the festivities tomorrow evening. We are looking forward to seeing you both, but we are sad to see you return to the British Isles. Maybe we can make a date to share a pint in your favorite pub on our next (as yet unplanned) trip to England!

Looking forward to seeing you and Nancy at "the do" tomorrow night, thanks for making the trip. Of course, I would love to see you over there and enjoy a pint or two!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Looks like a no go for me. Due to the weather this past weekend, I gotta be at work long hours.....David, I wish you and your family well.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
David,

We can't make it due to a church service at about the same time. I really enjoyed meeting you during the recent shop crawl and was truly inspired by the work that you shared with us. We wish you the very best and look forward to postings from your next shop.

Bob and Sandra

DavidF

New User
David
David,

We can't make it due to a church service at about the same time. I really enjoyed meeting you during the recent shop crawl and was truly inspired by the work that you shared with us. We wish you the very best and look forward to postings from your next shop.

Bob and Sandra

Hi Bob, that's a pity, as we only had a few minutes to chat on the crawl, but never mind. I'll be sure and post any work in the future, but don't hold your breath!!!

Cheers, David

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Wait a minute. :eusa_thin This dinner is on April Fools day. Are you really moving David? :eusa_thin :gar-La;

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
To everyone that came: Thanks for the good company! David and Carol you will be missed. I am really glad we had the chance to spend the evening together before you leave our shores. Some people took pictures so I am sure something will be posted soon.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
It was a wonderful time. :eek:ccasion1 It was great meeting the members I haven't met before and always a pleasure catching up with the ones I have met. David, I really wish I had spent more time hanging out with you. You are truly a scholar and a gentleman. It was great meeting you. Please stay in touch and we wish you the very best in your travels. :icon_thum

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
I totally agree with Doug, Great time was had by all of us and David, You and your lovely wife will be missed. Cathy said that she wished we had had the time to get to know you much better and I agree. Maybe our paths will cross again, and heck, we may just bang on your door and invite you for a pint at the pub. Haven't been to England in a long time. Have an reason to return now.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
What a fun night. We got the whole second floor to ourselves. Either it was due to the 21 people we had or they were worried we'd spread woodguy disease :)

I really enjoyed catching up with old acquaintances and making new ones over a few pints of some excellent beer.

Speaking of beer, David's future hometown has a fairly well know and highly respected Ringwood brewery.

ringwoodpumpclips.png

So, while we know you'll be missing all of us, take comfort in knowing two hours of your weekends are booked!

The tour experience

Our brewery tour experience takes approximately two hours. The tour includes a complimentary drink in our Pin Room, a tour of the brewery where you can taste the malted barleys, have a sniff of the hops, and see the fermentations bubbling away in the TunRoom.

Tour prices:

The cost of a Saturday/Sunday tour is £6.50 per adult and £4.50 per child (Under 18s). We are unable to accept children under the age of 8.

While I'll miss seeing you, Carol and Clara, we are only a click of the mouse away. So don't forget the Pics!

Safe journey.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS