DavidF's Farewell Dinner

Care to join us for the festivities?

• Save me a seat, I'll be there!

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • I'm on the fence, but sure hope to attend.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
While we are all sad that Dave and Carol are leaving - the inspriation and knowledge of very fine woodworking that he has shown us through the shop crawls and posts here will be rembered for a long time. WE all will miss you and your talents !!

And Thanks to Doug for organizing the get togeather last night. :eusa_danc
It was one of the VERY best get togeathers of NCww'ers in awhile. :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

dpsnyder

New User
Dan
David,
alas, I also had to miss your party. Family obligations kept me away. I enjoyed meeting you on the shop crawl and that sander is getting some good use! I look forward to keeping in touch and maybe we'll see you in England some time!

Best wishes and safe travels to you and your family

Dan

DavidF

New User
David
Sorry I can't give a full reply just now. I am in a hotel with just my iPhone and no wifi. But as soon as I get back I will give the reply my farewell party deserves

Cheers

david ( las Vegas)

cskipper

Cathy
David, I wish John & I could have made it, but with work, there was no way. You will definitely be missed. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and humor.

DavidF

New User
David
Well here I am in Vegas, eventually found the ethernet cable - buried behind the TV!!
So....My farewell party was wonderful, and I thank you all sincerely for making the effort to drive out there, for some, quite a trek too! BIG thanks to Doug for organizing it, with, I am sure, the help of many others! I love the two wonderful turning tools you so generously bought for me and the engraving was a nice touch. I shall certainly have fond memories when ever I use them.

I would second Pete's comments about this being one of the best events I have been to with the North Carolina Woodworker, well, I would I guess! The fact that we could all walk around and mingle as opposed to sitting at one end of a table or the other, meant that I managed to talk to just about everybody in the room, and I am sure the rest of you did your share of mingling too! And of course, although we do that at the picnic as well, there was copious amounts of alcohol involved on Thursday:thumbs_up

I would like to thank all the partners of the members as well, I know it can be a bit of a drag hearing nothing but "wood talk" but I really appreciated you all coming and I know Carol did for sure!

As I said in my emotional, short speech, this really is the best woodworking club I have ever belonged to, and in addition, the VERY best community. The gathering we had, I think, shows the true hospitality and friendliness that is the America I have come to cherish over the last 10 years and a side that the rest of the world is not giving you credit for. Thanks for becoming some very good friends. I shall certainly miss you all. I will be keeping in touch once I finally leave on the 28th April. There is an open invitation to come and visit us in England.

Thanks,

richlife

New User
Rich
Just a simple thanks to you David, for giving so much in your time here to so many people. With just the one short meeting, I understand all the heartfelt goodbyes I've seen. Rich

Well here I am in Vegas, eventually found the ethernet cable - buried behind the TV!!
So....My farewell party was wonderful, and I thank you all sincerely for making the effort to drive out there, for some, quite a trek too! BIG thanks to Doug for organizing it, with, I am sure, the help of many others! I love the two wonderful turning tools you so generously bought for me and the engraving was a nice touch. I shall certainly have fond memories when ever I use them.

I would second Pete's comments about this being one of the best events I have been to with the North Carolina Woodworker, well, I would I guess! The fact that we could all walk around and mingle as opposed to sitting at one end of a table or the other, meant that I managed to talk to just about everybody in the room, and I am sure the rest of you did your share of mingling too! And of course, although we do that at the picnic as well, there was copious amounts of alcohol involved on Thursday:thumbs_up

I would like to thank all the partners of the members as well, I know it can be a bit of a drag hearing nothing but "wood talk" but I really appreciated you all coming and I know Carol did for sure!

As I said in my emotional, short speech, this really is the best woodworking club I have ever belonged to, and in addition, the VERY best community. The gathering we had, I think, shows the true hospitality and friendliness that is the America I have come to cherish over the last 10 years and a side that the rest of the world is not giving you credit for. Thanks for becoming some very good friends. I shall certainly miss you all. I will be keeping in touch once I finally leave on the 28th April. There is an open invitation to come and visit us in England.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS