Cypress Planter Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Just completed for LOML. We're gonna leave them unfinished and see how they weather out.

P5060266.jpg

P5060266.jpg

P5060266.jpg

P5060266.jpg

P5060266.jpg

We think that we'll get use out of them. :eek:ccasion1

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
That's fine furniture, Jeff. Not planters:no:

Did you really build 10 of 'em?

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Very nice indeed Jeff. :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Are the sides glued up or floating?

Brian.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Yeah, I built 10 in my mind. Sorry about that, but I messed up posting the other pics. I'll try again.

P5060266.jpg

P5060266.jpg

P5060266.jpg

P5060266.jpg

Here we go again. :tool:

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Very nice indeed Jeff. :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Are the sides glued up or floating?

Brian.

The sides are a loose fitting T&G (3 pieces each side) with a little internal wobble in each.

Sorry, but I still didn't get the other darn pictures posted correctly. Gotta revisit Dave O's directions on how to do that.

Thanks.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
See if I get these darn pics right this time.

P5060266.jpg

P5060268.jpg

P5060269.jpg

P5060270.jpg

Don't know if a cheer is warranted, but a cold beer sure is! :icon_cheers

Jeff -- I fixed your pictures, but suggest you read this thread...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I'm getting the distinct feeling that I'm being redundant to the extreme! Sorry, but will try again manana. Now its on to Jose Cuervo. :BangHead:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm getting the distinct feeling that I'm being redundant to the extreme! Sorry, but will try again manana. Now its on to Jose Cuervo. :BangHead:

Just don't back into the shop or on the road......

Nice planters :eusa_clap

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Finally found my printed instructions from Dave O on how to upload photos from the Gallery and insert them into a post.

P50602701.jpg

P5070121.jpg

Thanks for your patience.

Not gonna put dirt in these, but got a couple of plastic planter boxes from Lowe's and WallyWorld. Howard Acheson said that new growth cypress is not intended for continuous damp/wet applications so we went with the boxes for the soil. :eusa_naug

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I'm glad I could help :icon_scra Instead of the expensive plastic planter boxes, you could use 6 mil black plastic stapled to the inside of the box with some drain holes cut in the bottom. It's cheaper and you don't lose as much space in the planter.
Really nice looking planter boxes BTW, I like seeing the joinery :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I'm glad I could help :icon_scra Instead of the expensive plastic planter boxes, you could use 6 mil black plastic stapled to the inside of the box with some drain holes cut in the bottom. It's cheaper and you don't lose as much space in the planter.
Really nice looking planter boxes BTW, I like seeing the joinery :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

Thanks Dave. The cheapo plastic planter boxes were about $8/each so my 401k is still intact. I think it'd be good to let some are circulate all around the inside of the box so it won't stay constantly wet/damp. :dontknow:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
NICE work! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Love that cypress!! They'll turn gray in about a year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS