Contemporary Desk Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
First attempt to use BLO and shellac for finish. Will apply some wax when I get it. I have Briwax, but for reasons I can't remember Jeff Jewitt said it was not the brand to use :roll:

Thanks rhett for the curly maple! When I figure out photo lighting you might be able to see it :lol:

Contemporary_Clock_2.jpg
contemporary_clock.jpg

Roger

J

jeff...

hummm wow great picture there and same with the clock I really like that design...

sapwood

New User
Roger
Thanks folks! The basic idea was uh, purloined :lol:
Obviously the woodworking skill level required is minimal . . . three pieces of wood. :oops: Yep Ron, that's it. 90% of the time spent on project was tinkering with the design. I think it would work with a larger (3") clock too.

Roger

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Great looking clock Roger! You don't give yourself enough credit. I have seen some pretty remarkable stuff that was produced in your shop. Wish I had the talent and time you do...
Take care,

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
That looks sharp Roger. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I have been wanting to make a clock. I really like the wood combinations.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great job, Roger!!:eusa_danc :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_danc

Really like that purpleheart up against the maple. A really geourgous combination!

Wayne

skeeter

New User
Charles
Nice job Roger. I like the design and wood contrasts. Good job on the pictures too. Both pictures taken and no time off the clock!!

sapwood

New User
Roger
But it took him 4 hours and 48 minutes to PhotoShop out the background

:rotflm: :rotflm:

Actually, it was only about 15 minutes. Using a solid background and the "Magic Wand" set to low tolerance (12) it was easy to clean up. But I definitely need to set up multiple lighting sources to eliminate the shadows. Or I could just run down to Woodguy's "Studio" :lol:

Thanks again, the for encouragement :mrgreen:

Roger

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors