Christmas Tree Stump, Turned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Figured I'd keep the tree stump for this years tree being that it was my son's first Christmas. Maybe to make an ornament or something. This is all I could come up with ...

It was a sappy mess, but the skew turned it well ... roughing gouge, not so much. Not "finished" by any means, but good enough for my needs. The shop smells good after turning this! :rotflm:

J

jeff...

Figured I'd keep the tree stump for this years tree being that it was my son's first Christmas. Maybe to make an ornament or something. This is all I could come up with ...

It was a sappy mess, but the skew turned it well ... roughing gouge, not so much. Not "finished" by any means, but good enough for my needs. The shop smells good after turning this! :rotflm:

Boy you don't let anything get by you do you?

PChristy

New User
Phillip
That was a cool thing to do for your son:eusa_clap I am sure he will cherish it for many years

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
That's a neat idea!

See, now you're going to have to do one every year from here on out. Of course you might want to try a little kiln drying in the oven.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
OK, you got way too much time on your hands:rotflm:.

Boy do I wish. I have about 10 minutes into this thing (as you can tell). If was slinging sap all over me :gar-La; but I just rolled with the punches.

Now ... it's cracking like crazy ... adds to the character, right!

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
I have 2 christmas tree stumps in the building and this year's out in the woods waiting for the time to turn them. Maybe one day I will get te time to turn them. by the way... The wife thinks I am crazy for keeping them every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS