Joe
Got a chance to work on this today...​

Chicken_Coop_2_.JPG

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Man Joe!!!

It looks more like chicken condo, not a coop!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum

Hope those chickens like their new digs and produce a bountiful egg supply.

Well done.

Wayne

(Call me if you need any help with the wallpaper hanging.:wsmile:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That will work quite nicely. Do you plan to elevate it once you put it in the run? I would lift it about 12" to help keep the interior floor dry and provide the hens with a short ramp to access. Also I would recommend adding a few small ventilation holes near the top, covered with hardware cloth, to allow cross ventilation for the summer heat.
If you really want the chickens and their keepers to like you rig up a timer activated door system. Every morning we have to get up and let the chickens out of the coop, and every evening we have to lock them down again. It would be nice to have that done automatically.

Dave:)

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Point taken on the vent holes, Dave. What I did was leave a 1" gap between the siding and the roof at the front, to act as a ridge vent. In the cold months, a lenght of backer rod can be rolled up into the gap. Comes out to be 45 sq in of vent hole.
This one will sit 16" above ground on a movable frame. Will give some shade in summer and there's enough leftover siding to screen 3 sides in winter.
If it were for me, I'd certainly incorporate an auto door!

And Wayne, where were you when I was wrestling those sheets?????:gar-Bi

And thanks, Mt. Gomer..

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Great design and manufacture Joe! I think that I'll be giving you a call for assistance when I relocate my coop later this year!:gar-La;

Scott

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Great design and manufacture Joe! I think that I'll be giving you a call for assistance when I relocate my coop later this year!:gar-La;

Scott

Scott, let's get it done before my GC lic renewal in Oct.
I'll put in for a 'pollo del casa' endorsement! :gar-La;

dlrion

New User
Dan
Wow! good job. I really like the lifting lever. It took me a while to see the groove you cut in it... something didn't look right.

Awesome Job.

Dan

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Wow! good job. I really like the lifting lever. It took me a while to see the groove you cut in it... something didn't look right.

Awesome Job.

Dan

Right..I could have used a sway link, but this was simpler. Which is good in my case!

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
Joe & Dave, do yall eat that many eggs? I wish I was close enough. My grandfather always had a friend with chickens everywhere he lived. He liked the chicken manure for his tomatoes. His tomatoes were the best. You would bite them and they would bite you back. His buddies called him "chicken squat Reed". They used a word that is not allowed on this forum.
James

p.s. his nick name was tumble bug Reed

CDN_Maple

New User
ETN
Nice coop. I have been looking at different styles of coop and I like this one. Unfortunately, I have to convince my wife to let us have chickens first....Thanks for sharing your progress.

bsquared

New User
Brooks
Really a super lookin job on the coop. You are going to need some "high rent chickens" to occupy that condo.
I would higly recommend a few bars of "Sic'em on a Chicken" by the Zac Brown Band when you move your first tennants in to add ambience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS