Cherry TV Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarageWoodworks

New User
Brian Grella
Hey gang,

I haven't posted in a while, but... I thought I'd show-off my latest project. It is a cherry TV stand I made for our LCD. It features bookmathed flat panels (first time making book matched panels). It was finished with 2 parts Minwax Tung Oil finish and 1 part pure tung oil. It was based on a Green Designs Furniture piece I saw on line.

_MG_3904.jpg

_MG_3898.jpg

_MG_3900.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great craftsmanship!:wsmile::wsmile: All the components look right at home!

What did you use for the the joinery? Everything looks nice a tight and precise!

Well done!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Wayne

GarageWoodworks

New User
Brian Grella
Great craftsmanship!:wsmile::wsmile: All the components look right at home!

What did you use for the the joinery? Everything looks nice a tight and precise!

Well done!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Wayne

Thank you!

I use floating tenons for all my joinery. The side panels are in a groove in the legs and rails.

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
That's some awesome work...I can't wait to grow up and do real projects!

I see High Point - the best place to buy furniture in the world. No insinuations.. I just get a kick out of Craig Ferguson (Late late show on CBS)
every time he gets an email from North Carolina - he goes on about how it's the only place in the US to buy furniture.

He should see some of the hand built stuff!!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Super job, Brian!
I really like that design and the finish appears to closely match the speakers :icon_thum

Roger

Shamrock

New User
Michael
That's one fine looking TV stand, I think that deserves a Pioneer Elite LCD. I'll be happy to take that old one off your hands:gar-La;:gar-La;. The components have to match the quality of the workmanship!

Enjoy!!

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:clamps-clamps-why do I never have enough clamps

T

toolferone

VERY nice stand!! I really love the design and the wood is gorgeous! You should be very pleased with your work.

Man, where was this forum when I started woodworking :dontknow:.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Beautiful job, Brian! I also love the finish and wood choice. I hope LOML doesn't see it. She'll want me to build one and I couldn't even come close to that!!!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Kung-Fu Panda....my daughter is dying to see that movie.
Very nice piece, I really like the flared legs they add a air of stability to the peice. You can't ever go wrong with Cherry, it always looks good.
Beautiful work :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Now THAT'S a nice piece of furniture! Great job!

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Brian, that is awesome. I love the triangular design of the legs, and the cherry is spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS