Charlotte Area Curly Maple Group Buy $2.80bf+shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I noticed Carolina Lumber Sourcing had a new entry for Curly Maple and called. Gwen is quoting me $2.80/bf for 4/4 Curly, kiln dried, surfaced 15/16, 1Com & Btr. This is not quite as clear as the earlier load but the curl is just as nice in the photo she sent:

1Com_Better_Curly_Maple.JPG

I will be ordering mine tomorrow and will add your orders to my order as they come in. Once your order is loaded for delivery it's yours. Would like to have this delivered Thursday(7/16) or Friday(7/17) and has to be picked up at my house in Concord by Saturday(7/18 ) noon or you'll have to wait until July 26 or after. I will need cash at pick up.

Fine Print Section: Shipping and tax will be extra and split/bf among the group. She quoted shipping for 500bf to Charlotte at $60. Orders will be filled as close as possible. Exact bf amounts not guaranteed. Orders will be taken off the stack as buyers arrive for pick up...No Cherry picking, no whining. 15/16 is considered 4/4 for bf calculation purposes and all grade appropriate defects included in bf calculations at this price.

I will update this list as orders are pm'd to me. Don't lollygag or it'll be gone:gar-La;

Tarhead 100bf
Thrytis 10bf
GregSmith 30bf

Last edited:

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Bumping this just in case you missed it.
Right now I will drive down this Friday to pick up as I have the day free. I can add another 120bf to what I have if anyone wants to join in. Transport cost with me driving is ~$30 total for the load.
Let me know by tomorrow if you want any.
Thanks!

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
If he happens to have any thicker stock I could use one board a minimum of 2" thick, 9" wide and 24" long. If he happens to have something that would be cool but it's not a big deal.

Thanks - pete

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Pete,
I think they only have 4/4 but I'll check. What's your upper price limit on 3bf?

thrytis

New User
Eric
When do you plan on getting back Friday with the wood? I'm working from home on Friday, so i should be able step away from work for a few minutes to pick it up if you are going to be back early enough.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Well...the weather is looking like it's going to be wet tomorrow so I'm heading down there this afternoon. PM me by 100pm today if you need any of this. Eric I'm open all day tomorrow. Give me a call. Greg see you tomorrow after work.
Mark

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Tim,
Yep...I saw it when I was there yesterday. Not quite the curl as the 4/4 I picked up but still very nice. My very conservative lumber grading says this is much better than #1 Common should anyone need some. Gwen and Bill are two good young people trying to get started and need our support. They can also make some pretty nice wooden boats if anyone is in the market for one. They're rehabbing one right now in their shop.

Umich684

New User
Jake
Is this hard or soft? That's a great price. Happen to have about 1000bf in stock here in Charlotte, highly figured, some with a lot of heart wood. Price is not that good for #1/Common, but willing to negotiate if anyone is interested.

fergy

New User
Fergy
Is this hard or soft? That's a great price. Happen to have about 1000bf in stock here in Charlotte, highly figured, some with a lot of heart wood. Price is not that good for #1/Common, but willing to negotiate if anyone is interested.

Hey Jake, I believe I met Andrew (and bought his Dewalt planer). Is this the stuff you guys bring back from Michigan?

I think the maple we got in the last order for this stuff was actually soft maple. I was assuming this order would be the same.

Hi everyone,

Both the 4/4 and 6/4 are Soft Maple just to clear things up!

It's great stuff for a fantastic price - we bought in bulk so we're able to pass on the savings to you guys. Other species available also.

Cheers for now

Gwen
Carolina Lumber Sourcing
Greenville, SC
www.lumbersourcing.com

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Oh my!
I didn't know soft Maple ranged that far north. Assuming grabs you every time. Sorry for the bad info. It's still mighty nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS