Change in Charlotte show gathering

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
Due to hpetty's father's illness, he will not be able to have us over for a gathering after the Charlotte show. Let's keep Hugh, his dad and the rest of his family in our prayers.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I am sorry to hear that. Not so much the change of plans for the after show gathering, because I won't be able to go, but more for Hugh's father. I hope everything turns out alright and life returns to normal.

My best wishes!!!!!

Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Very sorry to hear about Hugh's father's illness and hope it is just a temporary situation. We wish him well.

We'll still get a chance to meet at the Show and maybe one of the other Charlotte guys will volunteer to host an "after-show" get-together.

Rob

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Hugh, I hope your father is doing better soon. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

D L

cskipper

Cathy
The 1:30ish lunch gathering is still a go for Sat. in Charlotte.

Did we decide on a way to recognize members as we wander around the show?

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
Cskipper wants to know how to recognize the people in our group. Easy, look for the one walking around with the glazed over far away look in their eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
John,

Isn't that going to pretty much describe everyone attending the show? That won't be helping. I plan to attend, yay!

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
cskipper said:
The 1:30ish lunch gathering is still a go for Sat. in Charlotte.

Did we decide on a way to recognize members as we wander around the show?

Maybe everyone can wear something simple that will be easy to recgonize yet still allow them to blend into the crowd.

Like this maybe!

mikefeinbergcompany_1884_1466208

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like that, it would go well with my pink bath rob and bunny slippers:lol: :mrgreen:

Dave:)

hpetty

New User
Hugh
Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. My Dad is in Neuro ICU at CMC and right now on a ventilator. They are trying to wean him off that, but it's kind of slow going. At 86 your body doesn't bounce back as quickly as we would like. He had been admitted for bleeding into his brain as a result of a fall. They put in a drain and pretty well fixed that, but then he developed breathing problems. It looks like the recovery is going to be a very slow process.

I might get away for a few minutes to walk around at the show so maybe I'll have a chance to meet some of you anyway... but I just didn't feel like we would be up for preparing for a lot of people to come over... maybe next year :lol:

Hugh

cskipper

Cathy
That's cetainly understandable. Let us know if we can do anything to help.
(in addition to including ya'll in our prayers)

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Best wishes for a speedy recovery for you father, Hugh. The change in plans is certainly understandable under the circumstances. Your family will be in my prayers.

DL, you best get sewing if you're going to make us all flamingo hats...
So where is everyone meeting at 1:30? Sorry, been trying to follow but not doing a great job...

cskipper

Cathy
That would be great - any idea as to where? time?

Might need to be inexpensive - we'll all probably be broke by then :lol:

M

McRabbet

Maybe JohnsonMBrandon or wsd1089 can make a recommendation. I'd ask my nephew BGlover for suggestions, but he is away on travel out west and will return on the red-eye Friday morning so we can go to the show on Saturday. I'll send him an e-mail and perhaps he can make a suggestion. Depending on his plans, I'd be up for a group dinner, too.

Rob

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Wear your UNOFFICIAL North Carolina Woodworker badge. Just an outline of NC with your name on it Bet you will have several ask what it means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS