Calendar Contest - Actual Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I've finished the process of creating the actual calendar pages. They have been uploaded to cafepress.com. I've taken the pictures that I uploaded and trimmed them in the same way they will be actually be done by cafepress and created a category for them in the photo gallery for you all to look at and proof.

A few words of explanation are needed about what I did. First, I messed up when I posted the size requirements. I forgot to allow for space for the title and description of the project(s):crybaby2: Also, there were some other issues. Most pictures didn't actually meet the size requirements. Others, didn't allow space for the necessary cropping that would be done by cafepress when printing. There were some pictures that had a time code that had to be removed and other general problems. So I spent some time reworking every Photograph.

So when you look at the actual pages you will find changes in size, cropping, centering, etc. Three pages are actually quite different.

We didn't want to have white borders, so on one picture I artificially extended the background. On two others this wasn't feasible with limited PhotoShop skills, so I took another entry by the same member and created a composite to fill the space.

Please review these pages for problems and post any found in this thread so I can fix them.

Technically you can order your calendars now. But I have ordered one sent to me as a "proof". I should get it some time Tuesday and I'll let you know what I think.

Oh, one other thing, you will see an 1/4" of white space at the bottom of each page. I discovered that the spiral binding of the calendar interfered with the description, so I had to add that space.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Steve, I saw those last night in the Gallery. I think that they look great. You've done a good job on them. I like the look of the pages and the text beneath the pictures. These are going to be really nice calendars...too bad they only good for one year :lol:

Dave:)

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
:icon_thum Great Job Steve :icon_thum They turned out great :eusa_clap :eusa_clap THANKS for all of the work you put into this project :notworthy :notworthy

Monty

New User
Monty
Nice job on the pics. Plus, that's gotta be some kind of record -- 12 months and only 2 typos! :lol:

August - "quited maple" should be quilted.
December - "Noth Carolina" should be North​
That's all I found. Again, great job and thanks for all you do.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Nice job on the pics. Plus, that's gotta be some kind of record -- 12 months and only 2 typos! :lol:

August - "quited maple" should be quilted.​

Imagine how bad it would have been if I hadn't cut and paste.:rolf:

Thanks for the proofing. Seriously, how did the pictures and composition turn out. Seriously, we had a few discussions in the mods forum, but this is the first time you've seen it. I tried to take your suggestions to heart.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member

August - "quited maple" should be quilted.​
Ok, Cafepress has the updated pages and the galley has been updated also:eusa_danc

Monty

New User
Monty
I think the composition looks great. It's nice how you were able to make it work without having to add borders - very creative on a few of them! ;)

jerrye

New User
Jerry
I thought I was impressed with the pieces I saw and posted pics of from the Hawaii WW show, but...WOW! I now know I am tapping into a VAST source of knowledge/experience to learn from. I only hope I can somehow contribute to this group. I will be ordering calendars for myself and as gifts. Thanks for all your hard work in putting this together.:icon_thum

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Compliments, I love 'em. :rolf: :rolf:
Steve, I saw those last night in the Gallery. I think that they look great. You've done a good job on them. I like the look of the pages and the text beneath the pictures. These are going to be really nice calendars...too bad they only good for one year :lol:

Dave:)

:icon_thum Great Job Steve :icon_thum They turned out great :eusa_clap :eusa_clap THANKS for all of the work you put into this project :notworthy :notworthy

I think the composition looks great. It's nice how you were able to make it work without having to add borders - very creative on a few of them! ;)

The calendard looks great with the possible exception of part of the cover (lol).

M

McRabbet

Cathy, that's a great picture of you -- it should be all the ammunition you'll ever need to convince John to get you that Hegner or Hawk you want. I was just lucky to get you with that great look of glee on your face... It's Priceless! :lol:

Rob

cskipper

Cathy
You'd think that'd be enough, wouldn't you?! It was a funny moment. It didn't even make WG consider letting me babysit his Hawk while they'll be in China!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Well, I only had time for a quick peek at the calendar.

All I can say is WOW!

Thanks for the idea and hard work Steve :eusa_clap

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors