Cabinets DONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
Well, I think they turned out pretty good. Thanks very much to all that helped in the other thread...I'm sure they would look nowhere near as good without your help.

Total cost including maple, ply, handles (from ebay) and a gallon of precat lacquer was $482. Not bad!

Gonna do a tile backsplash next, but for now I'm going to see BATMAN :D:D

BEFORE:
esfkitchen1.JPG

esfkitchen2.JPG

AFTER:
k1.JPG

k2.JPG

k3.JPG

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice work, Eric!!!:icon_thum

Looks like you have aced the drawer alignment question and the doors really look great!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Bet that mama's happy that its all done and turned out so nice.

Congrats on a job well done!!!:wsmile:

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Beautiful work, and for so little cost. That's a heck of an upgrade :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Very nice work, Eric!:icon_thum I'll bet LOYL is grinnin' from ear to ear:gar-Bi!

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
Thanks guys! Yeah, she's pretty happy. I'm looking forward to the next time I do them as I learned a lot from this go around.

BTW, the double sided tape and screw method works GREAT on the drawer faces. Also I used birch ply instead of maple to give a little contrast and I'm glad I did.

Toughest part: Keeping the frames square during glue up. Lots of cursing and banging with a rubber mallet, and even then the Blum hinges 3 way adjustability is making them look better than they have a right to. One of the big doors ended up with a 1/16 bow to it....grr makes me mad thinking about it. Can barely see it if you're looking though....thanks to the hinges!

Anyway, thanks again for all the kudos. This is the first time I have made anything on such a large scale and I have to admit it's got me hankering for more. Need to finish a couple puzzles first though to get ahead enough on the finances to be able to take another few days off for the next project!

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Nicely done- congrats!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:clamps-clamps-why do I never have enough clamps

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Wow, very nice, and you got that done amazingly quickly! Most impressive.

ACobra289

New User
Bill
Holy smokes! Didn't you just start on this 2 or 3 weeks ago? That's about a years worth of work for me.

Not only are you fast, the cabinets look great. Very nice job!

Bill

Bob Buchholz

New User
Bob Buchholz
I'm looking forward to the next time I do them as I learned a lot from this go around.

I'm just about ready to redo my kitchen cabinets and add an island with sink and since you are looking forward to it, maybe you can come by and we can help you out!:gar-La;

By the way I love the look of you new cabinets!

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
Cobra - Actually I picked up the lumber last tuesday. I bet I could shave a day and a half off the job doind it the second time...I wen't really slow and doing the layout on the lumber and trying to match the curl took forever.

Bob - sorry, I still have three bathrooms, a backsplash, and hardwoods to put down on the stairs and upstairs foyer! Love to see pics when you're done though :)

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
wow, looks awesome. :icon_thum

Did you also handle the counter tops yourself? and where did you get it from?

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
Did you also handle the counter tops yourself? and where did you get it from?

Lol, no, I didn't do a thing on the counters other than install the faucet, new disposal, and plumb it all in. I had them done by another company, who I cannot recommend due to poor follow up service.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I thought the old ones looked great.

You did a fantastic job on the cabinets and the whole redesign.

Steve W

New User
Steve
Eric, those came out WICKED AWESOME! I'm amazed at how quickly you did 'em, too! Like Cobra said, that's probably a year's worth of work for me. :rotflm:

I had some issues with twist and squareness when I did my first cabinets but was able to correct for most of it. I think the secret is not to apply too much clamping pressure and to use cauls.

Again, nice!

:kermit: Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS