Cabinets DONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
Thought I'd throw in some updated pics how that the kitchen is complete. Fun project; learned a lot. Tiling is tougher than it looks!

kdone1.JPG

kdone2.JPG

kdone3.JPG

kdone4.JPG

rhett

New User
rhett
Now that is a woodworkers kitchen. I'ld say the $500 you spent easily increased your home value by $5000. Good job, just enough curl, IMHO.

Glennbear

Glenn
Diagonal placement wow!! You have more patience than me for sure . That is a lot of cutting. :roll: Definitely a great job on the remodel :wsmile:

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
Thanks guys, I'm pretty happy with how things turned out. Never done any home reonvation stuff so it could have gone either way lol. All told the kitchen set me back $4k (tiling, granite, plumbing, new disposal, cabinets, etc) so if I get $5k out of it later I'll be happy since I've read that most renovations return about 70 cents on the dollar. I did it 1/3 for the experience of learning new stuff, 1/3 for resale value and 1/3 to enjoy for the time I spend here.

Sawdud

New User
Chris Beasley
Nice work man! LOML wants a kitchen reface soon too but I've been reluctant. Guess my "but Honey, kitchens take weeks or months to redo" theory has been disproven. Good thing she doesn't read this forum. Again, great job!:icon_thum

Chris

jlwest

Jeff
Corporate Member
Excellant Job!!! Did you get a deal on the granite? I need to find a counter top person in the Raleigh area.

Jeff

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
Hi Travis,

Yup, I would definitely use them again...in fact I already have for a small countertop in the downstairs vanity and I plan on ordering a couple more smaller tops for the upstairs bathrooms. Check post #17 in this thread for the details, and let Gresham know Eric sent ya :)

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
Granite Supplier

Well, seems like I have to post a retraction. I used CCK for the kitchen and the work and price was exellent. I got in touch with the owner (Gresham) again for a small piece for the downstairs bath and went out and picked a remnant piece. He said he would have it done no problem by the time I came back from my trip. Since I got back a week and a half ago, he has not answered one phone call or any of the messages I left. Just now I had a buddy call him and he answered. Buddy said "sorry wrong number". I called immediately thereafter and got voicemail. For some reason he's avoiding me...NO IDEA why. I can't fathom how you can be in business to make money and not answer messages for a week and a half. Guess I'll be going somewhere else. Sorry to say, I can't recommend CCK anymore as they seem to be unreliable and behave erratically.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Re: Granite Supplier

Disappointing. I was going to call them and get some estimates as the wife wants new countertops but no way no how now.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Re: Granite Supplier

Well, seems like I have to post a retraction. I used CCK for the kitchen and the work and price was exellent. I got in touch with the owner (Gresham) again for a small piece for the downstairs bath and went out and picked a remnant piece. He said he would have it done no problem by the time I came back from my trip. Since I got back a week and a half ago, he has not answered one phone call or any of the messages I left. Just now I had a buddy call him and he answered. Buddy said "sorry wrong number". I called immediately thereafter and got voicemail. For some reason he's avoiding me...NO IDEA why. I can't fathom how you can be in business to make money and not answer messages for a week and a half. Guess I'll be going somewhere else. Sorry to say, I can't recommend CCK anymore as they seem to be unreliable and behave erratically.

Eric,

I regularly run into this sort of problem working collections. Dial *67 before dialing his number, and he will answer.

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
Thanks for the suggestion Pete. I got through to his employee and gave him an earfull about doing business the right way. Found another guy off craigslist who did the job in 24 hours and about 30% cheaper. Didn't cost me anything to walk away from the last deal or I would have been a bit more persistant. Just disappointing when you think you've found a good person to do business with and it turns out otherwise :(

Nrew slab is going in the downstairs vanity. Got it mounted today, just need to finish the mirror trim and lower cabinet. Seems I can't stop messing with my house...it's so *fun* to be able to dream something up and make it happen. More pics of the home reno to come! :D

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
So, here's pics of the little slab I got from the new guy. Still need to do trim and a small cabinet to hide the plumbing. Price was *excellent*, but I did make it easy for him by choosing a remnant piece and picking it up so no delivery. He did a good job and seems to have a good friendly attitude and work ethic. Can't speak for how he would do on a whole kitchen install, but I know I'll be back for a couple more countertops on the upstairs bathrooms. Worth giving him a call - his name is Jabed and his number is (919) 247-7024 - his shop is off yonkers rd by capital and 440.

CIMG3333.JPG

CIMG3334.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors