Buffing system

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Does anyone have this or something like it and is it worth the money - does it really help?

LBUFFSYS.jpg

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Yupper, but I don't advocate the 3 in 1. I made mine from parts ordered from Caswell inc. See thread. Does a great job of smoothing the surface and finish.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Yupper, but I don't advocate the 3 in 1. I made mine from parts ordered from Caswell inc. See thread. Does a great job of smoothing the surface and finish.

Thanks Gary:icon_thum Caswell looks like a great deal - with the buffing wheels that you got did you rig something up fo your lathe or do you have the buffing wheels on a motor of there on - I will have to put mine on the lathe and the one I have pictured above is $54.95 + 8.00 shipping - $62.95 total - Do you think that I can get it for less then that knowing that I will have to rig something up for the lathe

PChristy

New User
Phillip
In the near future(I hope) I want to turn some of these and I will need the buffing system to get them to shine - so I know that it will be awhile before this comes to my house

3Dresin_USA_1h_700web.jpg

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
I AM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SIMILAR. I WANT A #2 MORSE TAPER ARBOR WITH GRINDING WHEEL FOR MY LATHE. ALSO, #2 MORSE TAPER ARBOR WITH SANDER DISC. DO NOT KNOW IF THERE IS SUCH A THING.
JAMES

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
I have the Beall system, and though I don't use it much it really makes for an AWESOME finish. I would not recommend the three-buff system only because it would probably make it difficult to work on pieces of any size (of course, if you are doing just stoppers and pens that would be fine).

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Thanks Gary:icon_thum Caswell looks like a great deal - with the buffing wheels that you got did you rig something up fo your lathe or do you have the buffing wheels on a motor of there on - I will have to put mine on the lathe and the one I have pictured above is $54.95 + 8.00 shipping - $62.95 total - Do you think that I can get it for less then that knowing that I will have to rig something up for the lathe

I run it in a drill chuck. These can be had at Harbour Freight for $8.00 the buffs are thinner than the Beall buffs, but I would think not quite as grabby. There is also this setup from Don Pencil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS