Boutique lumber yards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike W.

New User
Mike Weinberger
Does anyone know of anyplace in the Wake Forest area(50 mi. radius+/-) that can compare to E.Wake Hardwood. Thanx, Mike W.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi Mike.

I would highly recommend The Hardwood Store of NC

The Hardwood store of North Carolina
106 V East Railroad Ave
Gibsonville, NC 27249
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Phone: 1-888-445-7335[/FONT]
http://www.hardwoodstore.com
Reviews

Great folks a broad selection and pretty good prices. Not sure if they would be close enough for you or not.

If you are in a pinch and not too worried about pricing there is always Capital City Lumber here in Raleigh as well.

Capitol City Lumber Company
4216 Beryl Road
Raleigh, NC 27606
Phone: 919-832-6492
Toll Free: 800-244-6492
capitolcitylumber.com

Have a look at the "Woodworking in NC" tab at the top of our page and select "Wood Suppliers" in the dropdown for a more extensive list.

HTH

Wayne

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Wayne,

When I have done comparisons, Capitol City has not been that far off. I have only bought a little there though.

Mike,

Have you looked at Klingspor's and Woodcraft? They don't have a lot, but it is definitely "boutique". Some really nice wood. Not the best prices, but they are retail stores and when lumber competes for shelf space with Forrest blades and Pfiel gouges, you gotta expect that. But if you are making small projects it's probably no more than the gas would cost you to go elsewhere.

EDIT - despite being a known cheapskate, I have bought wood at all 3 places...

KHageman

New User
Ken
The Klingspor Woodworking Store in Raleigh has a pretty nice selection of wood. Exotics and Domestics. The Woodcraft Store in Greensboro has a pretty nice selection of wood. They have really beefed up their selection. Both places are rather pricy. You should also check out Wall Lumber in Mayoden. They have a great selection of domestics and some exotics and their prices are very competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS