Bit the Bullet... New Lathe Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeman45

New User
Steve
Well I have never turned a stick of wood but I want to start and I found a good deal on a nice lathe today... Soooo I bought it.... :eusa_danc

I was going to wait a while and then buy a midi but I found this one and could not pass it up. I figured I might as well go ahead and get a full size so I can turn anything I want... Will be picking it up on Monday or Tuesday depending on weather!!

Gonna need lots of help and advice as I know nothing!!! :help:

Looking forward to learning though!!

Here is a pic and what came with it...

Lathe has cast iron legs, bed, headstock and tailstock for minimum vibration. Items included with lathe: 3" faceplate, 6" faceplate, 4 spur drive center, live tail center and heavy duty storage bench. Lathe is almost brand new
3k33m13l45T55Rb5S6a2c8f5ba2e5b35618a3.jpg

Dragon

New User
David
Not bad there. Unfortunately, I can't be of much help when it comes to turning. I've got a lathe but haven't gotten any tools yet so I've never put a piece of wood on it.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
There is no turning back now....:rolf:

Congrats....

My advise is start small. Bottle stoppers and weed pots.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hey Steve,

That's terrific. Nice snag. Even though you seem a bit hesitant because you haven't done any lathe work, I'm sure everything will turn out OK.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Now that's how you do it! Dive in with both feet. That's a very nice lathe. A few folks on here have it and love how it turns. So, have fun and let us know if we can help. :icon_thum

Rob

New User
Rob
Welcome to the darkside. You need to find a mentor in your area and just get started. Lots of fun headed your way.

Glennbear

Glenn
Congratulations Steve, I am sure you made the right choice. Time and time again I see new turners upsizing fairly quickly once they get started. :wsmile:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
NICE score! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc And of course, welcome to THE DARKSIDE!

First thing you're gonna need is some turning tools, after that, it depends on what you want to turn. :eusa_thin

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Gonna need lots of help and advice as I know nothing!!! :help:

Looking forward to learning though!!
I do not know how far from W-S you are but I can give you some instructions on turning.. Shot me a PM and we can talk :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS