been playin in some cherry. finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
:gar-Bi work in progress. should be done in a couple days. all will be revealed then.:rotflm:
the top section...

IMG_1732.JPG

and the bottom 2 sections underway...

IMG_1736.JPG

found some figure in the arm rests!

IMG_1735.JPG

IMG_1734.JPG

IMG_20582.JPG

IMG_20613.JPG

IMG_20561.JPG

Last edited:

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Re: been playin in some cherry.

Sweet looking work so far bro. :icon_thum:icon_thum

I take it you got the shoe shine stand gig that was posted a while back? :thumbs_up

Brian

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member

Cool throne ya got there, Fred!!! (The Queen of England would be very proud of ya!:gar-La;)

My guess is a shoeshine station with a lot of class. That cherry is beautiful looking stuff!:eusa_clap

Man! You can crank out these projects! Got some special shop elves or something?:icon_scra

You do excellent work with warp speed. Give any lessons?:widea:

Can't hardly wait for the finished work.

Wayne

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member

Cool throne ya got there, Fred!!! (The Queen of England would be very proud of ya!:gar-La;)

My guess is a shoeshine station with a lot of class. That cherry is beautiful looking stuff!:eusa_clap

Man! You can crank out these projects! Got some special shop elves or something?:icon_scra

You do excellent work with warp speed. Give any lessons?:widea:

Can't hardly wait for the finished work.

Wayne

this one is goin along slow. I got material on wednesday at noon. should be done and ready to spray by the weeks end if work dont get in the way. the cherry came from jack [saw4you]. you dont realy want lessons from me do ya?:rotflm:
If y0ou could see my working conditions you'd have a heart attack!:gar-La;

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User

Looking forward to the finished pics. Looks nice so far.

Red

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member

Fred, That looks great. You must have been in full speed production mode. The day you deliver it you should wear your best boots because I am going to treat you to the first shine on that great stand. :icon_cheers

PChristy

New User
Phillip

Fred, congrats on the commission :eusa_clap it looks great and I am looking forward to seeing the finished product :icon_thum

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member

Good looking set of thrones there! Let's hope the users won't rub shoe polish all over it..I mean, it's probably good for the wood, but you wouldn't want that pretty cherry to disappear...
But you are definitely at warp speed!

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member

Fred, That looks great. You must have been in full speed production mode. The day you deliver it you should wear your best boots because I am going to treat you to the first shine on that great stand. :icon_cheers

gonna be hard to shine sneekers!:rotflm:

cpowell

New User
Chuck

My first thought was thrones for a set/stage/play or something. :eusa_thin Shoe shine stands, huh,...that's pretty high cotton for a shoe shine stand. :cool:

What kinda finish for a shoe shine stand...not gonna be spit shine is it? :rotflm: :rotflm:

Fred :slap: Me

Chuck

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member

My first thought was thrones for a set/stage/play or something. :eusa_thin Shoe shine stands, huh,...that's pretty high cotton for a shoe shine stand. :cool:

What kinda finish for a shoe shine stand...not gonna be spit shine is it? :rotflm: :rotflm:

Fred :slap: Me

Chuck

:rotflm: if I had the time I would like to see a danish oil finish on this but don't have that many months to do it! DO looks great on cherry but to get any kind of protection it would take 5 or six coats and I can't afford to run the heat out there all winter....... probably going to be sprayed lacquer or poly. If I can get Jeff Mills over he may spit shine it!:rotflm: He's good at that sorta thing ya know.:roll:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member

:rotflm: if I had the time I would like to see a danish oil finish on this but don't have that many months to do it! DO looks great on cherry but to get any kind of protection it would take 5 or six coats and I can't afford to run the heat out there all winter....... probably going to be sprayed lacquer or poly. If I can get Jeff Mills over he may spit shine it!:rotflm: He's good at that sorta thing ya know.:roll:

If you can get someone over that chews baccy or snuff to spit shine it you could get that aged cherry look right from the start!!!:rotflm:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason

You finally getting around to building that two seater throne for you and the LOYL. :gar-La;

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member

You finally getting around to building that two seater throne for you and the LOYL. :gar-La;

yehbut.... haveing a hard time locating the proper sized hole saw for HER side!:rotflm: may need a bigger circle cutter.[mine only goes 3 feet]......:gar-La;

JackLeg

New User
Reggie

Careful, Pard, or you may not need a side for your stall! LOL!
:rotflm:

Last edited by a moderator:

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member

:embaresse I got here too late to be the first to point out it is a shoeshin stand, destined for Raleigh.

:cool: Glad you are rolling along with the commission, Fred.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff

His and Her thrones - expanding the the outhouse I see. Now I know what theose doors are for that I seen standing up against your shop. You already know what the Jones' are going to do.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Re: been playin in some cherry.updated pics

was planning to spray this weekend but took some days off to spend the holidays with family and friends. guess the finishing will wait for better weather or at least better heat.:gar-Bi trim is milled and dry fitted so now all thats left is glue it on, shoot it and attach the hardware.

IMG_1971.JPG

IMG_19781.JPG

IMG_19731.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS