"B" Arbor from Arizona Shilouette

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimwill48

James
Arizona Shilouette is a great company and will go out of its way to help as much as possible. In every order I've made with them they even include a free stablized blank or two. That said AS is a two person operation and Bill Baumbeck is known for his temperment on other penmaking forums. This is not bad nor good but just is. I get worse grief when trying to order a special order from MickyD's.

I will order from them again (love the Sedona Rollerball). And they always have great prices on slimlines.

JW

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I get worse grief when trying to order a special order from MickyD's.

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Now that is funny stuff I don't care who you are.....

Speaking of McD's I was in NJ several years back and went to McD's Drive thru and the guy on the speak goes "Yeeaaahhh, What Chu Need!" I bust out laughing I could barely order after that..

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Here's Mr Baumbeck's response to my email. I think he meant for this email to be gracious and concillatory.

Hello Phil,

Thank you for your suggestion concerning the addition of some sort of software that might cause someone to read, more carefully, the information presented in our website. I don't believe software like that is available.

I have a hard time understanding why you're inability to see and read the information (the reason for your initial email to us) is our fault. That note is presented in twelve separate pages of pen kits as well as in the Pen Mandrels section.

Your comments indicate that you are not all that happy with the way we do business, customer service, our website, etc. As such, thank you for your past business and I sincerely hope that you will be able to find a suitable supplier for your future pen turning supplies.

Bill Baumbeck
Arizona Silhouette Inc.
660 East 18th Place, Suite B
Yuma, AZ 85365
928-329-9466 Monday - Friday Mountain Standard Time
zencart9@mindspring.com
www.arizonasilhouette.com

Here's my email back to him

Bill

Thanks for your response. I make a living selling on the internet too, so I know how annoying "idiot" customers can be. I really did mean for my initial comment to be more constructive than you took it.

I expect that I will buy from you in the future given your pricing and since I'll already have both mandrels.

Phil

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
I think that alot of companys forget that the customer is alway right. If this guy can sel a kit, and sell it for a certain price then someone else can sell a kit for the same price. (not saying that they do)
I also think his web site isn't very user friendly. I buy my pen kit locally and have a couple of web sites I have used. but have nevr used his.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
I think that alot of companys forget that the customer is alway right.

well i certainly don't subscribe to the thought that the customer is always right. that will quickly run a business in the hole. i do however think you can tell a customer to go to **** in such a way they look forward to the trip.:icon_thum

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
+1 - Sometimes the customer is flat wrong and you have to know how to handle it. It's a fine line.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Just saw his comment. I think he was trying but his tactics are a little off. He still took a jab. It doesn't matter that you didn't see it. The fact is that you didn't and if all he did was change the color to RED and draw more attention to it I think that would help. I know we do that in a few places in our site. I can tell you I just go staight to looking at pens on his site. We have redone our site twice in the last 18 months and plan on another change in the next 18. We take customer comments and try and improve.

KC

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Don't get me wrong I got his digs in his last emails. I sure he's just defensive and I can see where I put him in a corner and I actually regret turning this into a public fiasco on here.

I obviously know what it's like to deal with a customer who's ticked off about something that really isn't your fault. I always use the line Well I can certainly understand why you feel that way, but ...blah, blah and explain my position.

I did not mean to set him off with the "look out for your customers" comment, he and some of you read that as I think/said he isn't looking out for his customers at all. The reality is he does have it plastered all over his site. I missed it and I look at as well as design and develop a lot of sites. So as I was placing the order I saw a comment box and should have thought my comment through better.

At the end of the day I regret getting this guy all steamed up which got me all steamed up and in turn lead to me publicly bashing the guy. All because I didn't think before I typed.

Oh and I also missed out on complimentary pen blanks on my 2nd order!

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I don't think that you were bashing him. At least I didn't take it that way. I am sure he is a really a good guy I have heard as much but at the same time I have heard he has a little temper sometimes. Like I mentioned before a well designed site would reduce the likely hood of this happening. I might give him a try at some point but I am going to have to give it some time. I guess customer service is so ingraned in my head from my current company that I have a hard time patronizing people who don't take the same stand. That's nice that he included a couple of blanks in the order. That shows some promise. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS