Australian Burl Winged Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Here's a winged bowl I finally finished. The wood is an Australian Brown Mallee burl. These winged bowls are a lot of fun since you have the equivalent of a saw blade spinning a 1/2" from your knuckles the whole time you're turning :wink_smil. I finished the bowl with Behlens SBF.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Now that is really unique. You did a great job on the finish also, still got all of the knuckles I hope?

JRD

New User
Jim
Excellent!

I've yet to try one but hope to post a floating bowl by the end of the week.
I just need time to finish it.

Jim

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Awesome job on some awesome wood, Bob!!:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

And the finish looks fantastic.

Great work!:wsmile:

Wayne

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Wow! Very cool. I'd imagine that's intimidating rotating around the lathe with all those little burl spikes!

MikeL

New User
Michael
:eek: WOW :eek: Bob, that looks amazing! I remember you describing it to me at the turning demo, but you certainly gave a modest description. Is this one for you to keep and show off or will you be selling this bowl?

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
That is a spectacular piece of work Bob. Very, very, nice. As has been said, I imagine it could be a bit intimidating.

M

McRabbet

A beautiful piece of wood deserves the outstanding work you gave it -- very, very nice piece, Bob.

JohnW

New User
John
Just one year??? I guess timeless art can take a long time.

What a magnificant piece of wood. You did it justice. Awesome work Bob.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
:eek: WOW :eek: Bob, that looks amazing! I remember you describing it to me at the turning demo, but you certainly gave a modest description. Is this one for you to keep and show off or will you be selling this bowl?

I'll probably sell this one.. unless LOML gets too attached :wink_smil.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Great piece
and what a piece of wood!
Knuckles are expendable, right?
(at least bandaids are cheap)

DavidF

New User
David
That is really something to aspire to! great job, I know how difficult that must have been, but you pulled it off beautifully:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS