Another great day for the Dark Side...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
DaveO,The Shop Fox lathe looks great and it looks like it has some good specs. Where can you buy them in N.C. ? I'm looking to upgrade from my Jet 1220 to a Nova or another Jet. Would you recommend this lathe and how does it compare with the other two I mentioned? Why did you choose the Shop Fox?Price looks good too. Decisions, decisions!:BangHead:

There are several places that you can buy ShopFox that I know of. The first is the Woodworking Source in Mooresville, also you can get them at Klingspors Woodworking Store.
I can't say how the SF compares to other as I have only used a 60 year old Delta, and a HF lathe. I have yet to turn on the SF. Reviews will be posted when I do.
I didn't chose the Shop Fox, it was chosen for me by a awesome Chihuahua.
I won the lathe in a drawing sponsored by the Woodworking Source.

Dave:)

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Dave,

It's great to see that you got that lathe all hooked up:icon_thum. I had a great visit and it was cool to meet the original O (Daves dad). I did miss Matthew and Earl :cry_smile, but thakns for the wood and I still have to hook up with Matthew to give him some wood.

Good Luck with the lathe Dave !

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Sounds like a very nice day at the O's place. Everyone surely had a nice time. I hope you enjoy the new lathe, Dave. YOU ROCK! (and turn...):gar-La;

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Everytime I see something like this it makes me proud to be associated with the fine people on here.
Great tools, great people, great wood.
Outstanding that the HF has a new happy home.
Wood working brothers and sisters helping each other out. This site seems to perpetuate a sense of how things are supposed to be!

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hey Everyone,

I finally made it on here....been busy doing projects for the wife, due to my Mother coming to town wed.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU DAVE! I love it......Here is is set up in it's new home.I I turned a bowl Monday night and had it done just before midnight. I was doing my best to get it donebefore midnight, as of now yesterday was my one year mark being with NCWW.

Well I surely enjoyed meeting Dave again, it has been almost a year since I first meet him at the Klingspor demo (Saw stop demo, pen turing demo, bas sharpening tools demo) and only for a brief moment.

Dave has a very nice shop that is setup well and his Cherry Cabinet, was Beautiful, amazing how pictures don't do it justice.

Missed Jimmy by 10 minutes I guess, Man that stinks.

Well here is my first Dark side result unsupervised, all by myself, yup I am a big boy now, :rotflm: With one of the bowl blanks Dave so graciously gave me, Thank you VERY VERY VERY MUCH!!!

Thanks for looking, I sure had fun making it!

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Those are some Nice Bowl Blanks Trent, QS sycamore, very Nice..

Dave is a great guy, he hooked me up with a few as well and am very very happy!.

Way to go Dave and nice score Trent, cant wait to see your bowls!

Sincerely,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS