Amboyna Burl Two Tone Majestic Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I made my brother a Brown Malee Burl Navigator/baron for Christmas this year and he has really been enjoying it. He decided to buy some Amboyna Burl and a couple of Majestic Jr. Kits one for him and one for me for turning it for him. I was a litte iffy on the kit at first but it actually is a very nice kit and made a beautiful pen in combination with the wood. Okay it's mostly the wood. :) Anyway here is what I was able to give him last night on his visit from Wilmington.

IMG_15091.jpg

Rob

New User
Rob
Very nice. I haven't turned many of the higher end kits yet, but I will one day.

GeorgeL

New User
George
...I was a litte iffy on the kit at first but it actually is a very nice kit and made a beautiful pen in combination with the wood.

Kevin,

VERY nice looking pen :icon_thum

Tell me, why were you iffy on this kit?
How does the crystal look in person?

The reason I ask is I just ordered several of the Majestic & Majestic Jr. pen kits for Alex and being the most expensive pen kit I've purchased for him so far I hope they look as good as the one in your photo.

George

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
George,

I was iffy on the kit because of the crystal. I didn't know how I would like it and all the bling around the center, top and bottom. I have to tell you though, after turning it and putting it all together it is a beautiful kit and he is going to get a couple of the black titanium ones for us. I am very impressed with the kit and the build of the kit.

It is a very heavy kit and feels good in the hand. It is the best built kit I have put together so far. I will do more of these for special occasions..

You will have to let me know what you think about the Majestic since it is bigger.

Rob we got these from PSI as well. I think what George said they are a PSI exclusive.

I will be ordering from PSI in the future. The only thing I had to do was to the bushings they wouldn't fit on the mandrel and I noticed they were drilled differently on one end from the other so I drilled out just a hair and it fit perfectly.

GeorgeL

New User
George
Thanks Kevin,

Alex has the opportunity to make some pens for a Raleigh based corporation as gifts from one CEO to another. Currently they are giving out $125 Watermans and $380 Mont Blancs. Their complaint with these pens is "they are all the same" They would like something unique. So we are going to put together a presentation with the Majestics and some Statesmen from CSUSA in a variety of burls, stabilized woods and acrylics.

George

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Very cool.... My brother is a Pen guy so I obviously have something to live up to he has several Mont Blancs and at least one Caran d’Arche and a handful of other high end pens. He said he compared the Caran to this one and he says this looks much better and he likes it much better so I am happy. I am sure you will have good luck with the presentation. I am sure they will jump all over them. I wouldn't go any lower than $125 for them. It is a high end pen. We are talking about putting one on some dark corian that I have to see how it works out. Let me know about that Statesman as well I have had an eye on that one as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS