A week end adjustment. Like a new tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
I added a home made riser block to my band saw this week end and now have 13 inch re saw capability:eusa_danc and it cuts great:icon_thum

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Hey that's neat!

Looks like a fine cut too. You're either very good or verrry lucky, maybe both.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks like a simple riser block. I like simple. It's so......simple. :eusa_clap Gotta make a note of this one. Did you have any tube left to make a blade guard for the 'up' side? Wouldn't want to cut anything 'cept wood here.:saw:

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Did you have any tube left to make a blade guard for the 'up' side? Wouldn't want to cut anything 'cept wood here.:saw:

I am in the process of making the guard from some aluminum angle I wanted to get it shimed in first to be sure it worked

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sounds like you've got it under control. Just a few wing bolts & a tap & you're ready to change a blade..... or maybe a couple hinges & a latch?

sapwood

New User
Roger
Can't be done, Nick. Nope, no way to make your own riser block :nah:

Ooh, you did it :icon_chee

You Rock!

Roger

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I'm fairly confident I could have screwed that up royally if I'd tried to make my own. Nice work, Nick!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Chuck

Glennbear

Glenn
Nice work Nick, I have not even got my BS unpacked and set up and my mental wheels are turning :gar-La; What brand/model saw is that ? :wsmile:

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Glenn
It is a Makita 3 speed bandsaw. If you watch the older NYW Norm had the same one. I picked it up a long time ago for $50:thumbs_up

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dang! I'da had more'n that in makin' the riser block. That's a steal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS