a perfect NCWW day

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Finally after 4 + years got to meet Steve ( steviegwood) :icon_cheers He and his brother Gary drove down from west-by-golly-Virginia for a little swappin' , story-tellin' and eatin' :mrgreen:
Mike ( sushinutnc ) joined our little band as well and then we met Doug and Travis P at the GC and put on the feed bag :icon_thum
A good time was had by all .....well a good time was had by me fer shure .:eusa_danc

obligatory pics :

First mike's wood comes off of Steve's truck ...Steve in the truck Mike on the ground

steve_visit.jpg

View image in gallery

Steve shares his endless supply of sandpaper :mrgreen:

Readying the RAS for Steve's truck..... Mike Steve and Gary

RAS safely aboard .......note lathe from FredP already loaded :icon_thum

Mike hooks Steve up with his very first turning tool ...a home made Oland that Mike did an excellent job on :icon_thum

A little show-and-tell ....what in the world is Mike pulling out ? :icon_scra

Turns out that ol' Mike makes a mighty fine Celtic drum , turns the tools to play it , and actually plays it quite well :icon_thum Very unique and pretty dang impressive :eek:ccasion1

The entertainment portion of the day being complete, we headed to the GC and met Doug and Travis P for some eatin' and visitatin'

All in all just an excellent day :eusa_clap Steve left me some homemade venison jerky and bologna as well :icon_cheers

Thanx guys for being part of my weekend and helping me make some more precious North Carolina Woodworker memories .....you ROCK !! :icon_thum

Glennbear

Glenn
Thanks for sharing the pics of your get together. Having made the trek to West Virginny a couple times to Steve's place I can attest that he is a really cool dude. :icon_thum I am glad you two finally met face to face since it was you who originally introduced us. :wsmile:

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Howdy Folks, I wasn't sure if you all would let a couple of hillbillies in your neck of the woods or not but we were welcomed like family. Meet Robert in person has been a long time coming as he is the one that introduced me to this forum and invited me to join. Robert has not only been a true friend over the past couple of years but is my Brudda. It was a true joy to meet Mike, Doug & Travis also and I feel privileged to have been excepted into this group of wonderful friends. Here are a couple of pics of our meeting. Thanks Guys, Gary and I had a wonderful time. BTW you guys are always welcome up here in the hills and the road runs both ways. Ya Hear. Steve
Steve_Robert.jpg
Steve_Doug_Travis_Robert.jpg
Steve_Robert.jpg
Mike_Steve_Robert.jpg

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
And I was studying the pictures counting Steve's fingers. I could not detect any obvious damage. Hope all is doing well.
James

dpsnyder

New User
Dan
I was noticing that lathe from FredP looks like the one I passed to him that was passed to me from my FIL in FL that was passed to him from someone else. It's making quite the journey! Hope it works well for you!

Dan

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Hate I had to miss this one.:gar-Cr maybe a next time will present itself one day.:icon_thum looks like a good time was had by all.:cool: yup that lathe has been around the block. hope ya git some good use from it stevie. robert shoulda brung ya over to scavenge the turning pile.:gar-La; he had keys....:rotflm:

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Another lament; I was not all that far away in downtown Raleigh with the kids. After looking at the exhibit where one of my boys had a picture displayed, I could not convince them it would be more fun to go watch a bunch of old guys eat than to stay and play at Marbles for a while. :dontknow:
Yeah, Mike knows what he is doing with the building and the playing. :icon_thum
Hopefully another chance will come along to meet Steve.

sushinutnc

New User
Mike
Thank you , Robert, for hosting. I had a great time. Thanks, Steve, for the wood and the ton o' sandpaper. The mulberry is already cut in two! I ripped it with a chainsaw. It was soooo heavy. My wife and I barely got it out of the SUV. I decided to rip it more out of necessity... just so it would be easier to get it to a mill. I LOVE the yellow sawdust everywhere. Smelled great too.

Mulberry_Dissection.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS